Do guys have an easier time moving on from a break up?

I don't know why, but I think girls get more emotionally attached than guys. I'm not saying this happens every time, but in most cases around me.
Do you agree? Share your experience

• Yes
  • No

28

Most Helpful Guy

• "Moving on" is the wrong word , "burying" is the correct one.
    Men never forgets , we just bury it... like a dog.
    And once every blue moon , it rises from the dead and haunts us at night... again... and again... and again.

This is why women cry in public , men cry at night.

What Guys Said 7

• This really depends on the relationship. If you are the one break up with the other it can smash you back in the face once they get with someone else. You can actually get crushed by it. I had a girl break up with me once after a few weeks of nothing but fun because she wanted to spend her senior summer with her friends. Then when school started again she was all interested again. The look on her face when the girl turned around and said "Hi I'm Kim, Brian's girlfriend was something I will never forget.

We talked years later about it and I told her I couldn't understand why she broke up with me. She again said it was so she could spend time with her friends and I asked her "did you think I would take up all your time and not want you to hang with your friends?" She answered "well I was worried that if I had a boyfriend I would be thinking about being with you and feeling guilty". "I guess that was stupid huh?"
    I then said " no not at all. I understand why you did it but when you wanted me back when school started what was that all about?" Well I thought about you all summer and I couldn't wait to get back to see you and when you were with another girl I was so upset I cried for days over it"
    Needless to say I was shocked but be sure of what you want and its not something you do out of spite or anger. It can bite you back... and it hurts bad

• We get over it faster no doubt. But in turn, it can either make us softer, or it can turn us into assholes.

• The one who initiates the breakup has a easier time moving forward I would say from my past relationship.

• Ok so as a divorcee myself, I was devastated. If a man is emotionally committed it is just as hard. I have seen guys take a year to recover from a bad breakup. But I think a lot of guys in relationships never become as emotionally attached in the first place.

• No It hurt me so bad I never dated again

• I thought it was the other way round

• It's not that girls get more attached than guys, it's that they don't know how to let go.
    They want to keep talking, keep the guy as a friend, get closure, clarify things from the relationship, etc..

Guys don't see the point in all that. Broke up? Move on.

What Girls Said 2

• If they really truly cared for her, they actually have it much harder than women.

• Girls do get more emotionally attached, I believe. In the beginning it might be easier for the guy to get over it, but if he really loved or cared for the girl then later on he might have trouble truly moving on