Do you think some boys were born to be players or are born to be players?

Do you think some guys are players in general or were they just taught that way or born that way?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a lot of the older ones are just fed up with being treated like a doormat by being nice and loyal in a long-term relationship. Somehow the girl always seems to cheat.

So now they have given up on that fairy tale and throw all loyalty out the door.

• I mean like high school boys in general and I apologize for not being so specific. I have an ex who i dated for like 5 years he pretty much led me on when we got back together and then left me out of the blue. Like are some guys just born to be players. He just flirts with girls etc and moves on from girl to girl, and treats them like a doormat as he treated me.

• Younger ones like your ex are probably born that way indeed. I'm sorry about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah! Believe it or not, this is a sociology question. The big "nature vs nurture" debate.

All in all, I think you are generalizing way to much on men here--not every guy is a player. And while it seems that they might have been born to be that way, I'm a firm believer in the nurture standpoint. They got positive feedback from being a "player." They could date whomever they wanted, and get what they wanted. But this definitely isn't every guy.

The only thing under the nurture standpoint would be genetics, and I don't really think someone can be genetically inclined to be a "player." They could be prone to anxiety, or depression. Maybe they feel better about themselves when they always have a girl. Maybe it's reassuring.

Still, have hope! Not everyone is cruel!