How to break up with an asshole you're in love with?

I feel like he is selfish and rude and he talks down to me all the time but when I confront him about the way he is making me feel he manipulates my words and turns it against me making me feel like im the bad guy to the point where I cry because i feel like shit and now i feel like im not alowed to feel a way but I must trust my gut instinct and if my gut instinct tells me he is bad for me then i dont want to be with him. I also love him and i dont want to feel lonely I also dont him to shit talk me which im 99% sure he will to all mutual friends and co workers.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously he's a narcissist with manipulative behaviors I know some people like that. The best thing to do is to leave them alone. There is no getting better for him and it's just holding you back from experiencing so much more. He's clearly miserable and wants someone else to be just as low as him and since you put up with it I'm saying you're an easy target. It's time to stop being so nice, because in war the nicest people fall the hardest and this right here seems like an unnecessary uphill battle. "When a person shows you who they are the first time, believe them" - Maya Angelou