Guys, im sure u all have done it. can u shed some light what is your reason to texting an ex? like hey how you been? is that keeping a window open?

knowing she may still have feelings for you, and she tries to keep things "civil" by occasionally replying, but now that she isn't replying or showing interest very much, all of the sudden u want to text and say hi? why do you do it? to seek for validation or what?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys do that as a form of fishing. They drop a line from time to time, every couple months or so, just to see how you are doing. They hope to catch you in a weak moment. So if you are lonely, if you just broke up with a different guy, if you're having a terrible week. A situation where the 'comfort of the past' may be possible to exploit for a quick lay.

It's not going to be the motivation for a 'nice guy', per se. It's usually the domain of players and people that don't really care about your actual emotions. Of course, those are the guys people usually need to be warned against anyway.

But for a certain type of guy, they will just always drop that little investigation text, for years.

• Haha " investigation text" I love that !!! Haha so true. He text me since I didn't reply " too cool now"? Nd I said " I wasn't cool before" nd he said nope lol I didbt reply obv Childs game.

• lol, you would be surprised. Some guys are pretty tenacious. It may scare him off for a little while, but be prepared for another one in a couple of weeks or months. Like a dog sniffing around a campfire, you have to keep chasing them off once they have the scent.

• Haha God u are so true about it, his text are super random. Like every other week, is weird because when I don't REPLY at all I have his full attention, if I do reply he will vaguely do, or not at all. So I just stop,