When a guy dumps a girl, do you think he would ever regret it?

I feel that guys wouldn't regret anything and that they are sort of selfish because they only consider their own feelings not anyone elses.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been dumped before and the guy regretted it and I have been the one who broke up with someone and he regretted losing me. Only when a person truly realizes what they had or gets over the fact that they burned bridges with someone that was really special, will they regret it but I don't think it is selfish to not admit it once it is over unless you are trying to rekindle something. It is only selfish if a person can't be honest with the themselves and come to terms with their own decisions, why they did it, and if they have doubts for the benefit of their own emotional well-being.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm... Yeah you actually have a point! But Its confusing like what am I suppose to do? I can't move on but I can't be like this I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Do you think it would be a good idea to get together after some time? Or is it best to just try and move on

• Show All
    • Yeah but everything just relates back to him I think its best if i just do my own thing and your right! Gosh your so good at giving advice! THANK YOU!!!

• You're welcome and thanks for the MH :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• My ex girl friend i broke up with her and i did regret it, so i tried to fix things and we got back together and lasted another 4months till i broke up with her again cause she didn't want to see me. only text and call and stuff like that. So ya, guys do at points

1|0
    0|0
    • How did you try to fix it with her? What even lead you to the break up? Like was it friends influencing you?

• Show All
    • Wow that shows some girls are actually really weird i guess they realise once s boy breaks their heart their just going to do things to like piss you off in a way?

• Well its not so much that. I never was a bad guy to her, i loved her. She just never got attached to me in 2 months of dating, by that i mean, it didn't seem like she wanted to be in a relation ship with me in the first place... But ya, idk. She got more attached just near the end she started doing weird shit so i broke up with her cause i was sick of feeling alone even thou she was there.

• hell yes!!! I've regretted many because its like... we could have worked , but i did something stupid to loss you... they wanted to get them to love and have but then you fucked up, don't care , and its a burn in your chest and you want them back... then you can't get a girl and your stuck on her and you try to talk to her sometimes... its even sad to talk about the past girls or girl you had without wanting them back... damn this conversation making me sad :*(

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but like yous say you regret it but you dont because if you did why wouldn't you try and make it work again? Plus you guys say like oh you love her and that but not like you cared when you dumped her is that because you didn't realise the amazing girl you had? Guys just play with girls feelings tbh. by the way im not like having a go at you aha im just saying

• Show All
    • Ahaha oh lordy lord as if i came out with that

• lol yea i agry wit @Xonen lol

• A girl I was in a relationship last year made me regret breaking up with her... I couldn't bare to see how devastated she was so I apologized and continued the relationship with her for a few more months before breaking up with her again, for good this time. It was a really unhealthy relationship, she was really possessive and didn't like it when I talked to female friends (purely platonic). Also, she would usually act really passive aggressive when I'd done something to upset her.

1|0
    0|0
    • See i hate that when you give it another chance it just never works

• Yeah, we're all dumb as hell. Don't get me wrong there are some really smart guys out there, but we're all prone to being complete dumbasses. Then years later when it's way too late we realise our mistake.

This goes for girls to. Everybody is stupid. Some of everyone is really smart, but we're all stupid.
    End quote.
    -Nuns in Heat

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh errm SO BASICALLY you are trying to say we are all some kinda goats?

• No. I'm saying everybody makes mistakes. Everybody is prone to being dumb as hell, myself included.

• Yeah so we are goats in other words

• I think he should u r pretty dont mean to be rude , if u want to know if he would regret or not tell us more details how was ur realtionship with him how long youve been together why he left?
    All this should be known so we can help u for me i dont regrets but i do miss the girls

1|0
    1|0
    • Would you actually want to know the story aha its pretty depressing. See i hate the fact that after you get back it may only work for a short period of time so its like bleeehhhhh

• Show All
    • You see thats the thing i deffo would get emosh

• Then take a break from him until u get over it and when u have more clear idea about what you want get back to him be friends.

• "they only consider their own feelings not anyone elses"

... so they're exactly like girls? And every other living thing capable of sentiment on the planet?

0|0
    2|0
    • No girls put up with so much and guys think its ok because we let them think that because we are so worried about hurting their feelings

• The data says you're wrong. Try again.

• I feel that if you think all guys only care about themselves you need to look at the types of guys you're attracting.

0|0
    1|0
  • I tought that I would regret dumping that one girl and after a year I seen it was all cool

1|0
    0|0
    • How long was the relationship?

• Show All
    • Thats horrible -.-

• no, that's life

• He will feel regret until he finds out that the girl he rejected is a sweet nice angel-like person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I regret it sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you ever make the effort to make it up o her then?

• Yep. I try my best.

• Some do, some do not.

1|0
    0|0
  • He'd regret until he doesn't get another girl.

0|0
    1|0
  • I've never seen it happen

0|0
    1|0
  • sounds like you're being selfish not considering his feelings as to why he dumped you maybe he was unhappy with you

1|0
    2|0
    • Nope no one considered mine so no space to consider anyone elses

• Show All
    • Haha why are you commenting? Fool get off my question thing

• um no

• Somebody a little butt hurt over getting dumped?

1|0
    1|0
    • Lol oh lord if was only a question

• just sayin'

• It depends on the situation, but I don't imagine why I'd split from a girl if I wasn't sure about it first. If it's a shitty relationship, then that is easy to not regret because I don't have time to deal with people who can't deal with themselves. But I wouldn't end up in a relationship with a person that was a mess anyway.

If the relationship just isn't going to work then again, no regrets because there's no reason to drag on when the situation or circumstances just aren't right. Or perhaps the person grew and/or changed over time and it just wasn't the same as who I first met and found attractive. People change and grow apart, it happens.

I think what you're referring to are the people who rush into relationships to begin with. That seems to almost be the norm anymore lol. People don't take the time to get to know someone properly before wanting to pursue a relationship with them. Instead, they seem to think that the relationship IS for getting to know someone. Yes, you do learn new things about your partner all the time, it's not the time to be figuring out if you can stand to be with them long term or not.

People either rush relationships anymore, or they feel almost a sense of desperation to not be single. Both of these are good recipes for disaster. So no, I can break up with a girl, not feel regret, and not be a selfish person because of it.

3|0
    0|0
    • THIS! If this were part of your presidency speech, I'd gladly concede my vote to be yours haha

• Show All
    • @Asker, when you're deciding to split from someone, then of course it's going to be with your own side of the situation in mind. There are mutual breakups, but there are also people who decide they don't want the relationship for whatever reason (s). At that point, it's common sense that it wouldn't be a mutual decision if only one person actually wants the relationship.

@Pallid and @AnayaWilliams, unfortunately, lust and that fear of being single gets the better of them. So they go sprinting into a relationship without knowing who they're sprinting towards lol

• Trueee thanks :)

• I don't think he would regret it no, some of them are heartless.

2|0
    0|0
    • EXACTLY! Some of them just care about their own feelings!

• It's not heartless to break up with someone..

What Girls Said 1

• So when you dump a guy, it's okay? If one isn't happy in a relationship, then it should end. That's not selfish, that's life. Sometimes they regret it for sure, and sometimes they are happy they got out. It depends on a lot of things.

0|0
    1|0
    • I haven't dumped a guy. If one is unhappy he/she should say something not just come out with it all of a sudden. Yeah it all depends

• I was talking about girls in general. Of course they should talk, but if one is very unhappy, then they should just get it over with in my opinion.

• I guess so

Recommended myTakes