Married and divorced in under 2 years: is this a red flag?

This guy I just started dating is in his early to mid twenties and I learned through a little Facebook stalking that last year he got divorced after around a year and a half of marriage. Is this something I should be concerned about? I haven't asked him about it. I don't know if I should be worried about this, but 1.5 years of marriage is a super short time to be married to someone... How should I approach this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why did he get divorced? Was he or she abusive? Did he marry the girl that he got pregnant? Drunken weekend in Vegas or a spur of the moment thing? There are a lot of reasons why people get married and for every one of them there is at least two or more reasons behind their divorce. So with out this information how can we tell you if you should be concerned? You are dating but yet you can't ask him the reasons for the marriage and/or divorce?

0|0
    0|0
    • Also what you did is Facebook Investigating. You do know a lot of people call it "Fakebook" because you mainly see the 'fake' side of people on it.

These days and in this age, if I was a female I would have bought and probably re-newed a legitimate background checking site. Credit, Evictions, Arrest, Marriage, School, Military. I use it for my employees you bet your a$$ I am going to use it for any potential dating. Too many weird people out there and violence just keeps popping up more and more.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't want him to know you were looking around!! But I think you should wait for him to have the courage to tell you himself and hopefully explain it with a reasonable explanation. If he hasn't told you by the time things have gotten serious that's a red flag. Just keep it at the back of your mind

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Bring it up in a very, I repeat, VERY NEUTRAL AND CALM atmosphere and mood. It's easy. Just ask him the reason. And if he hasn't told you yet that he was married, ask why. It may be that he just is afraid you'll reject him. Don't be accusatory. But if he lies and denies it, either nip it in the bud or end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Red flag; needs to be vetted. What answers you're looking for will depend on what you want out of a relationship, but don't waste time and effort without facts to base your decisions on.
    Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • the divorce could be caused by by bad husband nor bad wife , the chance are 50:50 , so i i would say no..

0|0
    0|0
  • no he just understood his mistake and set himself free

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, maybe not. It may just mean he married the wrong woman. There is no way to tell what happened for the marriage to end.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes