What would you do if you still loved them?

My kids dad and i were together for 7 years. He was facing a lot of issues and left and I'm pregnant. He moved out of state in July and got married to someone he only knew two months. He wants to be here for our childs birth in 5 weeks but i voiced that its going to be difficult to see him. He told me that he loves me, he thinks about us all the time, he wishes he could come home and be with me and our kids. He was battling drug before he left and fears that if he comes back here he will get involved with them again. How am i suppose to take this? How can i get over this situation so that i can allow him to be there for the birth?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a tough one but maybe he should have thought about all that beforehand. He has the right to pay child support and have court ordered drug treatment then visitation. If it's a safe situation.
    No he should not be there during birth.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that as he is the father of your children then he does have a right to be there. Just because things ended between you and him doesn't mean the kids should miss out on their dad. I know It'll probably hurt you seeing him married again and having to face him but think of your kids first. I mean, its up to you you don't have to let him see them but having to explain that to your children when they're older is going to be a struggle. do what you think is right. The only way you could cope with it is to not think of him as your ex but as the father of your child and if it gets too much you could always ask him to leave and at least you would know that you did try.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE