Why does he want me to keep in contact with him?

So my ex still wants me to call him and text him. And I don't know what to think about it. And I found out why he wants to stay in my life. He told me that he wants to stay friends, because later on he wants to get back with me. But he expects me to call him and text him. When he won't call or text me. I tried calling him earlier and he picked up but didn't say anything. Then he hung up. Why does he want me to keep in touch with him when he never contacts me? And what should I do about this situation?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't know what to say to you anymore after all that happened. He needs a cool off period. I think you should wait for as long as needed for emotions to go away, and contact him again on a special day, Christmas or his bday ect., send him your regard and see how that plays out. Of course, if after a while you no longer have any desire to contact him, you don't have to and that shall be the end of it all.

What Guys Said 2

• Rule #1: Never deal with Ex's. Period.

• Maybe he wants to keep you a possible sex option.

What Girls Said 1

• He probably want you to chase after him so he can feel important