Please convince me not to invest any more time on her?

I met her when about 2 months ago, when she joined the company. I appraoched her and we started out as genuine friends. We both found each other attractive, and started teasing and flirting along the way. But she knew I am moving abraod soon and we tried not to escalate it.

However 2 weeks ago we went drinking and things got out of control. Later she confessed that she is in a long term relationship. After some thoughts I told her I don't want to play her games and stopped talking to her.

After 2 days of silence she apologised, told me I am in many aspect the best she's ever met and asked me not to cut her off. I told her I did not feel it. She said she was hlding back because I was leaving and she has a bf. All make sense and I really like her, but I still thought cutting off was the best thing to do.

Days ago she dropped a card and a gift at my doorstep. Details of the gift and card showed that she really wanted to put her message through, even though the card did not say much. I thank her; she texted back a smile and we stopped again.

Rationally I think I should keep it this way. But I really miss her and it is getting hard holding back from contacting her. Do you think I should cut her off, or should I keep her as a friend, risking getting more emotionally involved? Any input is welcome! Thank you for reading the whole stuff.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty difficult for a man and a women who are physically attracted to each other and sharing common interest to stay that way long and things get awkward and sexual tension builds. I think you are doing the right thing cutting her off and she is showing bad character acting like this when she has a bf. You don't need any emotional drama. Focus on your current work and preparing to work and live abroad.

• You are right. She threw me off balance and I get my focus back on the right things now. Your words are what I need. Thank you.