How many people would leave their partner if they hit them?

I'm bored, it's my free period so I just wanted to know. If you were with someone for let's say 5-10 years and they hit you, would you continue to be with that person?

• I Would Stay
    Vote A
  • I Would Leave
    Vote B
  • I Would Press Charges
    Vote C
  • I Would Hit Them Back
    Vote D
  • I Would Go to Couples Counseling (married of course)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First, I would hit back, probably as a reflex because that is what I have been trained to do. A woman who hits this former soldier and life-long student of karate will put herself into a world of hurt.
    Second, the relationship would be over.
    I have never in my life struck the first blow. I have never anyone who was not trying to hurt me and I have never hit a woman, outside of sparring at the dojo. If a woman thinks that she can use a man as a punching bag and expect to not be belted in return, she has made a big mistake.
    If a woman is belted by a man, she should leave. Right then. Do not go back. He is a scumbag.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah my ex is in the military, his reflex's are rediculous, even when we were playing I would end up hurt

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I Would Stay she's a girl but a tough girl strong as hell and big, she even played pro tackle football and I have been hit in the face by her just because she was mad while I was driving her., she knows I am a former fighter and thinks I can take it which I can but I had to put it on her before but felt bad after

0|1
    0|0
    • She sounds... lovely

• Show All
    • That's like me lol, but I'm like 5'4 and tiny but my temper is like Latina and Black women locked in a room for three weeks

• Well she's 5'2 but all muscle and thick but not to fat and built like a tank. She's a very pretty woman and very well spoken smart educated college girl that's Americanize. I talked her into going out for pro football when she never played a sport in her life. She's my former girlfriend she lived with me I will never forget her as we traveled all over the USA and Europe together

• I would stay, but it depends on a lot of factors... 5–10 years is a really long time for a relationship, so we'd be close. Did they hit me as a one-off thing during a heated argument, or are they abusing me every day? That's a huge difference to me. I wouldn't stay if I felt my life was in danger.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay i love a dominant woman that means she loves me

0|0
    1|3
    • how does that mean she loves you?

• I was just being funny but I would never stay with girl who
      abuses me of course not , any woman who stays with
      abusive man is hard up for man or maybe is obsessed,
      needs him for financial support just makes no sense

• I'd go to counselling but make it clear to my partner that if she ever did that again then there will be no more chances.

I'm a believer in second chances.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably start making arrangements to leave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Been there. Stayed. Regretted it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would leave her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Grab my fishing pole and guns and say bye

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Well I'm sort of a bodybuilder myself and have been lifting weights since I was 12. I'm not exactly your average 5-5'4 skinny average Jane with no fighting skills. 5'10 and 156 lbs (some of it is from muscle fat).

Sure I would break up but not after body slamming him. Lesson 1 he would learn:
    Not to ever try me again...

0|0
    0|0
    • If he then wants to report this fine. I would be like ''I have no problems doing it again if he wants another round''.

• Show All
    • Dont worry about that, you're young nd have lot's more years to go! I'm sure you are very pretty.

• Thank you for your encouraging words.

• I'd leave because no woman should be put through anything like that and to me if any so called "man" can hit a woman is not a man to me at all...
    Don't get me wrong us women have our flaws to...
    I just don't think its right...
    Also what kind of relationship would that be if your getting hit...
    It makes it seem as if you don't love the person or anything...
    This all just my opinion :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Also I'd probably hit back...(I have quick reflexes) epically cuz I'm in training for mma that's not a good mix lol

• I think it goes both ways. What kind of woman would hit a man.

• Yeah that's what I'm saying :) it goes both ways

• Not only would I leave immediately but I would press assault charges against him. If there is something I won't tolerate besides cheating is that. It's not normal to get hit and be scared of your bf/husband.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess so, I think I'm the only person that believe pressing charges is too far. Although hitting is too far in the first place

• Not to me. Hitting is already not acting in a civil manner and those animals deserve to get locked up. Nothing I say would justify a bf putting his hands on me, not even if I told him he's mother is the biggest slug ever and that it would be good if he was dead. I would still press charges on him.

Off course this is just an exaggerated example but you get my point.

• his...

• i mean it depends... if its abuse then i'd leave the moment my "partner" was gone at work, store, etc... id pack my bags and go somewhere safe... if its like little things like playful i'd hit them back... but if its rough... again i would leave...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would leave because our my parents can hit me, never bf or husband

0|0
    0|0
    • What's the difference they're all people you love.

• Show All
    • I said nevermind

• I don't think anyone has the rights to hit someone to be honest. If my father tried to hit or did it, I would press charges against him. With my mother, I would go softer and simply push her away and then have a discussion with her that I don't like being hit.

Recommended myTakes