What's everyone else's rules when it comes to contact with exes?

For me when it comes to an ex there is zero contact. It doesn't matter if the relationship ended poorly, on a positive note, or mutually. We can't be friends and the chances of us ever hanging out again are zero. Yeah I know that sounds harsh, but that's the way I choose to life. What about everyone else?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you, I find it weird when the other party even suggests being friends. I just think 'are you out of your mind'. I have enough friends, why should I make the effort of dealing with things and turning you into a friend. There is a history and some baggage, why bother seeing that every day. I personally think, even if the break up is on a positive note.. there is always an underlying emotion. In my case, I've had a guy say he can't commit but wants to remain friends. What kind of an idiot does that! Either way, I don't feel the need to be friends and I am definitely not curious about what they are up to. But I do know several people who remain friends with their exes, I just think thats unnecessarily complicating life

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• My ex and I were never really close friends we just started dating unexpectedly. I don't honestly believe in staying in contact with exes nor do I believe in being "just friends" with an ex that never works. I don't think that sounds harsh but sometimes that's the way to end it. My ex broke up with me like 7 months ago and since then there has been no contact between us whatsoever and that's how its supposed to be. Doesn't matter who ended it first, what's done is done

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's how I seeing things working best.

• I'm with you on this one. No contact at all. I see it as I or he had a past with that person and that's where everything should stay. There's a reason we aren't together. I wish my exes the best but I don't want to talk to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, if the ex had been a really close friend, they dated but it didn't work so they broke up, but we're still close friends that's different. If it is just a random person or someone from work then no contact at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • Work? There's an old saying about that, "Don't mix business with pleasure."

• True, I never said I had done it, but some people think its a god idea to. Don't ask me why.

• It never is.

• Well I completely agree with you, and personally I don't think it sounds harsh. Unfortunately, my exes are never on the same page. They are the ones who want to talk and whatnot.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes