Is it wrong I feel accomplished that my ex got fatter?

My ex broke up with me exactly 7 months ago to the day. I was hurt because it was random & over the phone, she blamed it ALL on me (it was a good portion of her not communicating her wants/needs), and she had another guy lined up to date her right after (that I'm pretty sure she cheated on me with).

My ex wasn't exactly a healthy girl, MAYBE average weight at best, but I really didn't care because I still found her adorable anyways (not anymore). Anyways, I came back from uni to talk to some of the football players at my old high school and they told me she got fatter since I left. They said I HAD to look at her Twitter & Insta (I haven't looked at it in forever since I blocked/unfollowed her everything). And sure enough, she had packed on at least 15-20lbs. Oh, and she's single again so that means at some point her and her now 3rd ex-bf broke up.

So now I have a problem. I feel genuinely happy and accomplished that she not only is obese at this point, but has had a break up again with the guy she left me for.

But...(1.) I said to myself I wouldn't give a f**k about her immature ass ever again after the break-up, and (2.) Karma likes to cycle so if her weight gain is a "that's what you get" than my happiness over this will lead to some crap being done to me.

So is the wrong? Should I stop feeling like this? Is it okay that I'm only feeling it now but will probably forget in a week or is it just unacceptable, period?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• meh. in her case, sounds like karma just bit her in the ass. As for you I think you should be able to take some joy in her demise since she was such bitch about the breakup.

Though I do have some words of advice:

Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up

and watch out- Don't take this as a opportunity to kick her when she's down. She's at a certain point in her life, don't make her feel worse by you making it known how happy you are knowing she's a fatty. Be the bigger person (it'll probably really make her see how shitty she was/is)