My friend with benefits just got a girlfriend?

I was shocked when he told me. We were good friends before I had a crush on him and we became friends with benefits. I respect their relationship, but he isn't even interested in being friends anymore. I saw them at the university everyday. I can't avoid bumping into them. It breaks my heart what can I do now? Was that a dick move on his part not wanting to be even friends anymore?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. So you slept with just a friend, didn't have the guts to try to be more with him and now you sound jealous he found a girl that wants a real relationship and not just sex? How is it a dick move? Of course his girlfriend isn't going to want him talking to and hanging around a girl he recently slept around with!

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't want to just sleep with him. I actually want to be more than friends he just didn't want to and said he wasn't ready for a relationship. Dude read my other comments and you will know if I'm jealous or not! Quit judging people and get over it if you don't even know anything!

• Show All
    • You sound very jealous. You said you had a crush on him and it breaks your heart when you see him everyday. Maybe you need to learn to clearer about what you mean.

• she didn't mention she didn't have courage to be more with him. He is the one who doesn't want to be friends. But i do agree on the last sentence with regards to his gf

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you should have told him how you felt before you just wanted it to be a FWB. You can't do anything about it now, y'all were just F**k buddies he probably did take the friends with benefits as it was and you started with feelings towards him that he didn't know about. It's a dick move of him but at the same time he didn't expect you to like him since you never pointed it out.

0|0
    0|0
    • I told him I like him, but he said he wasn't ready for a relationship, so we start the friends with benefits thing, so yah he does know I have feelings for him.

• Show All
    • Yah I know... I should move on and I will. Just suddenly feel too sad and it's gonna be hard to forget him you know.

• Yeah I think you should but still feeling something for him makes it hard :/ Good luck girl!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• His girlfriend would probably have strong reservations about it.

2|0
    0|0
    • Ever since I know he has a girlfriend, I never be sexual with him anymore and never want to steal him away from his girlfriend. I don't know why he, or she, feel the need for us to not be friends anymore. He was a pretty good friend.

• He probably doesn't want to make his girlfriend jealous for being friends with you, maybe she is the jealous type. Friends with benefits relations are like that, one should have in mind what can happen when one gets into this type of relationship, eventually one of them will find someone and stop the FWB. Apart from getting a clear answer about why is he not even being your friend, I think you'll just need to accept it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where can I meet female friends like yooouuuu? I see a lot of these questions here. But ya, move on. You're fwb. That means no strings attached. Catch and release humanely

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• maybe his move is due to his girlfriend either she finds out or he decides to cut off contacts with friends with benefits and have a fresh start with his gf.
    if that is his decision, you can only respect it and move on...

0|0
    0|0
    • Even since I know he has a girlfriend, I respect them and never be sexual with him anymore. I never want to steal him away from his girlfriend, I don't know why he doesn't want to remain friends.

• Show All
    • I'll take your advice. Thanks.

• welcome

• It's not a dick move, it's moving on with life. When he told you that he wasn't ready for a relationship, what he really meant was, he didn't want to have a relationship with you. Instead of just remaining friends though, you accepted the situation of FWB. So, then he meets someone that he does want to be with, and break ties with you. I'm sure his new girlfriend doesn't care to have around the girl who was his fuck buddy, and now that he has a love interest, he doesn't either. He's spending that time with his GF. Had you not slept with him and just remained friends, you probably still would be friends now. As it stands though, you did choose friends with benefits and he's only doing what is normal, and respectful of his GF.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes