Move on or stay and work the relationship out?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. We also have a two year old son together. Three days ago I put him out of the house b/c he wasn't answering my calls and came back at 3am. I finally let him come back a day later but we got into a fight. I finally talked to him last night and he said he wanted to be friends. I asked him y he didn't been tell me that. He said he didn't mean it. But he also said it's like he wants to come home but it's like he doesn't want to come home. I don't know what to do b/c I really want me family back.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• you guys should go to relationship counseling... since you have a 2 year old together i would say try to work it out , but i suggest couples therapy... but in the end if he's really being a ass and a pain and hurting you... just move on... even though you have a kid with him you still need to make sure its a healthy environment for the kid where he's not hearing arguing and fighting all the time... that can really tramatize a kid.. it use to scare me when my parents would fight... loud cursing and voices...

What Guys Said 1

• If you are willing to both work on your relationship then obviously you care for eachother and strive for the same thing, having a family together. If you want to work on things, you can make anything work :)

What Girls Said 1

• Sit down and talk about it. Tell him how you want your family together. But if he doesn't change the way he feels, let the relationship go. I understand how you want a family (I have a one year old son) but think of it this way. Would you rather be apart and happy, or let your son see how unhappy you are? Don't stay together just because you want your child to have both parents. He can have both parents even if y'all break up.
    Having a child is stressful on relationships, so im sure that this is just a phase for him. Maybe he misses the carefree life before your son? Either way I hope things work out for your family.