My ex girlfriend drunk text/calls me and she calls me every morning on her way to and from work?

My ex and I were in a relationship for 3 years, she just got divorced the year before and she left me in January this year saying she still has feelings for her ex. She keeps meeting me on the weekends as I am her cinema friend? And I don't see it as anything more, recently she has been calling and texting whenever she is drunk and initiating conversations with me, yet when we meet up she says that she wants me to move on. She's 30 and my 28th bday is soon, I have asked her to spend the day with me on my bday as just friends but I am still in love with her. I'm very sure she knows that. I just don't know what to do anymore?
So what should I do?
Thank you all, I think I should try to distance myself from her and hit the gym lol, at least if I don't get her back then I'm going to be in great physical shape, but seriously thank you all for your help

05

Most Helpful Guy

• When she is inebriated, since she has a somewhat close relationship with you, you are the first and perhaps the only person she reaches out to. Why is this? I assume she finds the regular interactions with you welcomed and enjoyable, which is a break from the normal stress she endures.

Thus, she naturally reaches out to you when she drinks and reflects on her situation, to feel better. Interacting with you influences her to feel better. So, why the nickname calling? She calls you by the nickname she chose for you to make you feel better about conversing with her. It's familiar to her, thus she repeats it.

Then, once she is sober, it's a different story. Gone are the nickname calling. Gone are the mixed signals.

• So you think its more of a comfort thing, rather than her having feelings for me and being confused about "us"?

• Ok, she does say that she still cares for me and she has said that she doesn't want to know her ex anymore, as she tried to work things out with him and it hasn't worked out. So I really am confused. She has actually been texting me today and has been quite flirtatious not calling me by my nickname, this has added more to the confusion

• There you go again. Do not be quick and eager to assume that there is a motive behind her flirty behavior today, since it's not consistent and she fails to flirt with you in person. I mean, she could be having a good day and, as such, in a good mood. The reasons could be many. Or, she could be hinting at being something more. Although I have my doubts about that. My point, if she is telling you to move on, the chances of her hinting at wanting something more are extremely, extremely slim.