How should I approach my ex boyfriend to get him to feel comfortable again? It is becoming difficult to get through to him?

I have 'officially' been broken up with my bf for just over two months (long-distance) , and he is very resisitant to reconnect with me (even by phone). I kind of pushed him to break up with me by nagging, accusing, and being a bitch basically. This started back in the spring time. When he failed to meet me and arrange our travel plans (after one year!), I pretty much lost my sanity. He wasn't even able to pay half the expenses even after I offered to go half! So angry till this day actually! He probably has more financial responsibility to his family than I know.

Anyway, my anger regarding this almost turned to hate. I try not to judge one's finances, but after A YEAR, I just snapped. This demeaning behaviour of mine led to him breaking up with me. I think I may have wanted that subconsciously at first, but after a few weeks I just wanted my best friend back. After the 'break up', I didn't contact him for a month (classic rule) . Well, he was still super angry and upset the second month and we just talked by phone once a week, which didn't go very well.

Now, into the third month, he will only text me until he is SURE I improved my behaviour because I behaved like a 'crazy psycho'. I am trying to convince him to talk by Skype, but he is so distant (not that I blame him because he likely has trust issues). He says to text about 'new topics' and yet he always brings uo boundaries and talks about 'going. with the flow'. Saying things should be natural; not artificial. So, he just contradicts his own words. Wth?

What's the male mind during this time like? What approach should I use to make him comfortable again? Constructive advice please!

01