How am I supposed to forgive him? Please help!

he hurt me like no one ever did im over him but i can't fully move on at all (counseling/therapy is not an option)

someone said in order for me to move on i have to 1) get over him (which i have)
and 2)... i have to.. forgive him, for myself.. (which seems almost impossible)

how am i supposed to that? :( he hurt me sooo badly and because of him i know have horrible trust issues and i get super defensive around men specially when they hint they like me or something.

i have to work out this resentment towards him and move on... how?
i cut off contact with him years ago and i just can't forgive him for what he put me through

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It may sound stupid, but you should see some other people. When you think about loving someone, you think of him and that's where the trust issues come from. Do you have any guy friends? That could be the first step to create some trust in the male community. Try to get a guy friend and maybe you can get a boyfriend later. You don't have to forgive him. Your biggest problem is not him, but the trust issues he gave you. Good luck

• i thought about it but then wouldn't that guy just be a "rebound" ? i can't do that to someone lol

and yes i have guy frineds, im fine around males its just when things start to get romantic i get all defensive

and you're actually making a lot of sense. its not him its the trust issues he caused...

• Nah, I don't think it would be a rebound, because you don't got any feelings anymore for that guy. hmm, it looks like you don't really got trust issues towards the male community, but more towards loving someone in a romantical way, wich makes it even harder! have you ever liked someone after him?

• I don't know if im comfortable with it though I don't know

liked as in crush or found someone REALLY attractive and was drawn to them? yes xD
      or liked as in actual liked and did something about it? nope