He's manipulative and I think he might be cheating on me, is it time to break up?

I'm going to try and explain this as brief as possible.

My boyfriend and I have been together going on 4 months and it was going amazingly well up until a couple of weeks ago. He started becoming distant, I had to go into the hospital the other week because I was sick and he only tried to call once which I couldn't answer because I was being seen to, but then when I tried calling him for 6 hours after that he didn't pick up and then on Thursday he kicked up a fuss about staying over in mine because he said he feels uncomfortable there but I raised the point that even though I feel uncomfortable at his I stay there because I love him and want to spend time with him and it led to a huge fight.

So for the past few days I've been really upset, I called him yesterday to talk it over and during the call he called me spoiled, selfish, childish and said I was emotionally blackmailing him into staying in mine. It upset me because I always put him and others before myself but whenever I ask for anything suddenly I'm selfish and spoiled.

So I hacked into his Facebook to see what he was saying about me which I know is wrong but I found messages going back to August of him flirting and sexting a girl. It really hurt because he was my first and he said he'd never do anything like that to me. But also in the past he's manipulated me into spending a lot of money on him like so far I've spent over £300 on him while he hasn't spent anything on me due to him not having a job and he's also pushed me into doing stuff I don't want to do every time I have said no to sex he goes on until I give in.

After all of this though I know I still love him so I don't know what to do, all my friends say I should break up with him but I don't think I want to.

Any advice?

I ended up admitting that I looked at his fb messages and he said that he's been talking to that girl since before we were dating and that's just how they talk to each other.
Then a couple hours later he called back and said he could've moved past everything else but me checking his fb was a deal breaker so he said he thinks we should break up so I thought it was over.

71

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that you two should talk like grown adults and within that talk both can express how you truly feel at this point of your relationship. If both agree on the fact of still having feels for each other i recommend you to work things out BUT if YOU feel like this is the breaking point and you see no solution I recommend you to end it.