Should I just go for it?

my ex and i broke up around more than 2 months ago. the break up wasn't what I would explain as worth it or really a good decision really. things were rough on both of our lives that didn't have anything to do with each other and we just pushed each other away. the break up wasn't rough or bitter, just kind of mutual and i wanted out because i was fed up with outside sources.

at first we would avoid eachother but lately he's been acting like himself around me, teasing and laughing and talking to me and whatnot. at least he's friendly so there are no hard feelings. but sometimes i feel awkward around him, like ill avert eye contact or if he sits by me i won't talk to him just because im awkward.
but i still like him!

I wanna know if he is still into me, but out of anger I said i wouldn't date him again to one of our mutuals and im sure it got around to him.
im nervous about asking him about it though. are there any ways for me to warm up to him and test the waters? or should i just go for it?

02