Do you think two people who had a romantic intimate relationship will always have some resentment towards each other after they break up?

I think that unless you really had no feelings for your ex it is hard not to feel some resentment. My breakup was fairly quick and low drama because I just wanted out. However even though I am the one who ended it I feel tons of resentment because he didn't treat me well or respect me in the end.

The main reason I broke up is because we had different values and I knew I couldn't marry him one day. But maybe if he had been a less selfish and more respectful man I could have been happy with him anyway and worked it out.

When two people truly respect one another any relationship has a better chance of working even when they do have differences.

But when someone ends up being very selfish it causes major resentment.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not. I, like so many others, have come to realize that some breakups are blessings in disguises.