Girlfriend broke up with me out of no where, what's you're opinion on what happened? (16 Years old first legit Girlfriend)

So I'm 16 and I was dating this girl for about a month, she was really nice and she had never dated anyone before (I was her first kiss and all that stuff). Anyway we dated over the Summer, once school started we kind of stopped talking and hanging out because I was busy with Sports she got a job and she takes school pretty seriously. But there were a lot of things that made it come as a bit of a surprise, for example when I met her parents they seemed to know a lot about me like how I was a Lacrosse player and stuff like that, on top of that and this is one of the bigger things; one of her friends met my best friend at a party and asked him about me and if he thought I was a good guy and asked him if I would ever do anything to hurt her friend (The Girl I was dating), of course he said No (because he's my best friend), and that I was a good guy. For her friend to ask that question to my bestfriend she would have had to tell her a lot about me and say that she liked me and had feelings for me. However when we broke up (she did it through text BTW) She said that "She didn't want things to go further than they should and she wanted to end it now", this seemed kind of self explanatory however when I asked her what made her decide this she said "She Didn't have feelings for me in that way" Like wtf mate, now not to brag but I'm a pretty good looking guy I'm pretty popular and I'm a Lacrosse Player (That may seem random but in my Town Lacrosse is a big Deal) So I'm pretty desirable I really liked her and it just really hurt when she broke it off, It may have been that she was my first legit girlfriend I had Feelings for (not like hang out for a week or two where you hold hands and kiss) but I really liked her and it sucked for it to end. I'd like the opinion of some older guys and girls cause I'm only 16 and all my friends are no older than 18 so I'd like some 20+ people to answer this, Thanks appreciate it Love you all <3

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i've actually been in the same situation... only being the girl lol. im 16, i dated a guy same age, really good looking, on the football team. the only thing was, i just didn't connect with him. We went on about 5 dates sort of things but after a while, i just didn't like him like that anymore? I'm sure its nothing your doing! you sound like a really nice guy and you said you sound like your really athletic and good looking and im sure you are very desirable:) haha, just dont take offense and dont let this get you down! just focus on what hamkes you happy and you'll get over it, i promise:)

0|1
    0|0
    • Ya she said that it was nothing I did she just "Didn't have feelings for me." It was just a little surprising was all. Were you a kind of awkward girl kind of shy and stuff because that's the type of girl she is and if that's what you're like then obviously what happened to you is probably exact situation. Thanks :)

• Show All
    • Thanks I liked talking to you too it really helped me with what she was thinking and why we broke up you deserved Most Helpful :)

• sometimes these things dont work out and its not really anybodys fault. it just means its time to part as friends and move on. i hope you feel better and find someone nice someday soon;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe she lost feelings for you or something, I fell out of love with my ex and lost feelings for him when he broke up with me. I was sore and couldn't walk it was like a shot in my heart but I've healed and I've decided to stay focus on my schoolwork and my studies. I met him in middle school and we started dating it lasted about 5 years. A lot of time high school relationships don't last very long. Don't beat yourself up though, maybe she doesn't feel the same way about you or something. I understand that you are hurt and confused my ex broke up with me out of the blue in March 2014, I didn't know how to handle, I tried to hold it in but I started crying and I tugged onto his arm but he was like I have to go and he just left. A lot of young women in high school just want to focus on there schoolwork and maybe just make friends instead of build relationships. I'm 17 now and turning 18 in November I've decided to take a break from relationships because I know what I want and who I want. I don't want just some boy I want a relationship that is real and serious. My ex wasn't serious at all and he didn't know what a relationship was, and I was putting in all the work he gave me nothing in return besides besides leading me on. I'm sure you will find someone even better. I probably won't start dating again until college, I want to date older guys of course not just some boy. The world isn't a wish granting factory and the world isn't just going to give you a girlfriend. You have to take the time out to get to know her and see what she likes and see if you two have anything in common start off as being friends first don't be so quick to jump into a relationship because you'll just end up getting hurt. Relationships don't keep easy, they require a lot of hard work, communication, respect, honesty, trust, etc. Maybe she just sees you as a friend and she is afraid of probably getting hurt again. You'll meet someone just give it time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im 17 and i have been in a four year relationship. I guess what all teenagers have to face the fact is that, most of us, will not find love in high school, i dont care who you are and what your social status is. Love is not simple. Love takes hard work. Being a teenager comes with problems like, immaturity and not having the brain power to function on a relationship, sports, job all that combined. Dont be upset. The reason y'all broke up, is because someone else better for you, is on there way.

0|1
    0|0
  • im 16 and if you really say that your a good looking guy and popular im sure it won't be hard to find/ move on with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want a replacement though I want her

• Show All
    • I think it's been too long at this point she told me she wanted to stay friends and I just completely cut off all contact with her and we don't go to the same school so I can't really talk with her I'd have to call her or something and I don't want to go through that again.

• i understand getting over someone takes time, i do hope she realizes what a big mistake she made breaking up with you, you seem like a very nice and genuine person

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like she just changed her mind dude. She was looking for something that didn't exist. Lots of girls and guys do that at your age. Don't let it get to you. Sometimes it takes a while for people to realize what they want in a partner.

1|0
    0|0
    • Might just be my ego getting to me but like I look at myself in the mirror and think I'm hot, think about myself and know I'm popular I can't figure out what it was dude I liked her and it really bothered me that she broke up with me man.

• Who cares man. There's nothing u can do about it. Just try and move on. You'll have plenty more opportunities

Recommended myTakes