Girlfriend broke up with me out of no where, what's you're opinion on what happened? (16 Years old first legit Girlfriend)

So I'm 16 and I was dating this girl for about a month, she was really nice and she had never dated anyone before (I was her first kiss and all that stuff). Anyway we dated over the Summer, once school started we kind of stopped talking and hanging out because I was busy with Sports she got a job and she takes school pretty seriously. But there were a lot of things that made it come as a bit of a surprise, for example when I met her parents they seemed to know a lot about me like how I was a Lacrosse player and stuff like that, on top of that and this is one of the bigger things; one of her friends met my best friend at a party and asked him about me and if he thought I was a good guy and asked him if I would ever do anything to hurt her friend (The Girl I was dating), of course he said No (because he's my best friend), and that I was a good guy. For her friend to ask that question to my bestfriend she would have had to tell her a lot about me and say that she liked me and had feelings for me. However when we broke up (she did it through text BTW) She said that "She didn't want things to go further than they should and she wanted to end it now", this seemed kind of self explanatory however when I asked her what made her decide this she said "She Didn't have feelings for me in that way" Like wtf mate, now not to brag but I'm a pretty good looking guy I'm pretty popular and I'm a Lacrosse Player (That may seem random but in my Town Lacrosse is a big Deal) So I'm pretty desirable I really liked her and it just really hurt when she broke it off, It may have been that she was my first legit girlfriend I had Feelings for (not like hang out for a week or two where you hold hands and kiss) but I really liked her and it sucked for it to end. I'd like the opinion of some older guys and girls cause I'm only 16 and all my friends are no older than 18 so I'd like some 20+ people to answer this, Thanks appreciate it Love you all <3

41

Most Helpful Girl

• i've actually been in the same situation... only being the girl lol. im 16, i dated a guy same age, really good looking, on the football team. the only thing was, i just didn't connect with him. We went on about 5 dates sort of things but after a while, i just didn't like him like that anymore? I'm sure its nothing your doing! you sound like a really nice guy and you said you sound like your really athletic and good looking and im sure you are very desirable:) haha, just dont take offense and dont let this get you down! just focus on what hamkes you happy and you'll get over it, i promise:)

• Ya she said that it was nothing I did she just "Didn't have feelings for me." It was just a little surprising was all. Were you a kind of awkward girl kind of shy and stuff because that's the type of girl she is and if that's what you're like then obviously what happened to you is probably exact situation. Thanks :)

• Thanks I liked talking to you too it really helped me with what she was thinking and why we broke up you deserved Most Helpful :)

• sometimes these things dont work out and its not really anybodys fault. it just means its time to part as friends and move on. i hope you feel better and find someone nice someday soon;)