Is it shallow that I want to break up with my girlfriend because I can't handle her OCD anymore?

In the beginning it wasn't all that bad, just minor things like having to organize my DVD and video game cases. That sort of thing. But now it's like doing that smallest thing sets off a volcanic eruption of yelling. I've talked to her about and I know it's not her fault, but I'm at the point where I can take it anymore. Is that a shallow reason to break up with someone?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not shallow. Its solely based on emotional issues. Dating someone with OCD i imagine is hard. Even though they can't help it. Is she putting an effort in helping herself, or actually talking to you when you accidentally do something that triggers her disorder. Is she showing the least bit of consideration? If not then, id leave. If she isn't putting an effort to better the relationship, it'll never get any better. Youve done your part. You could try to talk to her again, really a heart to heart. If she shows that she's not going to be understanding as you are with her , leave. A relationship without communication, and compromising is a ticket to nowhere.

What Girls Said 1

• Does she actual have OCD or is she just a neat freak?

What Guys Said 2

• Not shallow if she actually yells at you.

• I know she's not yelling on purpose, but it at the point to where I think I might say something back in anger.

• Not shallow