He says he lost his love for me. (Please help me understand, because he really isn't giving me any answers)?

We liked each other in 5th grade and kinda "dated" aka. hugged and called me his girlfriend, then I left for middle school then now came back to the district and we are going to the same high school. We dated off and on freshman year, during the summer we started dating again into now sophomore year, we had been technically dating for 4months but have been talking for about 6/7 months when he blind sided me with a breakup 5 days ago. After we had been dating for a month we said the we loved each other. So we said it all the time, and I really felt like he did everything was great. When he broke up with me he said that he lost feelings for me, but then he said that he still finds me attractive and still likes me but doesn't love me, and he got kinda mad that I didn't want to be friends but then I changed my mind and said that we can. He said that it wasn't because of another girl, but then I found out which he admitted that over the weekend (was at a youth camp fundraiser in the mountains) he met a girl who was "a friend" then he broke up with me Monday and the same day he broke up with me he hung out with the girl he had met. He told me that I was his first true love, and even through the last couple weeks said that he loved our relationship and that it was perfect. Thee part that hurts the most is that I told him that I was careful about who i let in and especially with him that I didn't want to get hurt and now I feel that all he ever diid was lie to me. I've started feeling better about the break up, and I don't think that I want him back, Its just hard to go from talking to someone all the time to no longer talking to them.. here are my questions im hoping to get some answers to...
1.) How is it possible to just loose feelings for someone?
2.) Will he miss me at some point?
3.) Was this caused by the girl he met?
4.) Im pretty sure (99.9%) that I don't want him back, so why am I still thinking about him?
Thankyou so much to whoever read my story because I know its long, so thankyou to anyone who comments :)

11