Depressed & feeling extremely broken & rejected once again?

My ex broke up with me. We were together 9 years. After the break up we didn't speak for almost a year. He then started coming around trying to talk to me. Eventually I started talking to him. He made it seem like he still had feelings for me.

We have been intimate a few times since June. He calls & texts me all the time. He recently asked if he could walk my dog for me when I'm working..

Last week he asked me to come over and we hung out, listened to music just having a good time. Drank two bottles of wine.

We were kissing & he just pulled away, stopped & said " I can't even wrap my head around this right now, I'm just super stressed out & have a lot on my plate".. I asked him if there was something I should know, if there was anyone else & he said "no, I just have a lot going on & I don't just want to have sex with you. One thing at a time."... I asked if I had done something & he was like " no it's not you at all, I'm just really stressed out"

I feel completely rejected & foolish. What's even worse is he's like rubbing it in my face that he's buying a house. Maybe he doesn't get that it's hurtful to me. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for him. It just sucks cause I thought someday we'd buy a house together. I just smile & pretend everything's fine, Inside its killing me slowly. He hasn't asked me back out, he texts me all the time. I don't get what I am to him anymore. He knows I love him. Wtf.

11