Why would an ex be mad at you for not talking to them or being their friend even though they dumped you?

Me and my bf of 2 1/2 years broke up 2 months ago. He showed signs of wanting to get back together a week after we broke up when we saw each other a couple days later he text me hey multiple days in a row and then said he was really hoping to talk more. I answered a week later and he said it was about being friends or not (I told him multiple times that we couldn't be friends after a break up). He already got with another girl a couple days after we broke up. Now he's been avoiding me and trying to tell my friend it's no big deal were not talking?

10