"Move on". Is it really that easy?

People throw this around as if it's done with a snap. I think it's necessary to have a discussion as to HOW one just simply "moves on" like that.

How do you "move on"?

Whether it be:

-rejection
-getting led on
-getting broken up with

The worst ways to get hurt seem to be:

1. getting led on
2. getting cheated on
3. getting broken up with due to GIGS

How does one "move on", efficiently and effectively?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• For some people it isn't easy to move on like it wasn't easy for me to move on. I was led on by my ex who I had dated for like a month and then he just broke up with me out of the blue. Moving on takes a lot of time you don't just forget someone in one day. You have to go through the process of being broken for a while and loosing someone that you truly did love yet they may have treated you like crap. For me I just distance myself away from my ex and tried to distract myself and do different things with my life. But I understand for others it isn't very easy to move on. It takes a lot of time, it could take a week a day or even a month or a year. Live your life to the fullest, and be with someone that makes you smile and treats you right. I just go out and meet new people and focus on my life and go on with my day. I don't stay stuck in the past where I don't belong, I keep it moving. A look at a break up as having a broken leg or getting shot in the heart etc. I look at moving on as never looking back and keep moving forward.

• I hate the "getting led on". I think that's absolutely one of the worst ways to get hurt.

• I hear you my ex led me on when I went back to him I should've kept on walking when he called my name. But instead I turned around and there he was, he gave me a hug and said he loved me I wanted to say let me go but I guess I just got lost in words. I tried to be good to him the best way I could loved him, supported him, etc. He just started changing right out of the blue. Something told me to walk away sooner he used a line on a paper "its not you, its me" which something made me think it was me, so I looked up the saying and when I did look it up it was when he had already broken up with me, it read that it is a warning sign for getting dumped. I blame myself for ever taking him back, all he did was take me for granted, cheat on me, led me, told me to go to hell, etc.

• I can't stand high school boys like that, like if you don't love me then please quit saying with words that you love me when in reality you just love the "benefits" of being with me. I can't stand guys that lead girls on, are afraid to commitment, don't know what a relationship is, cheat, flirt with multiple girls etc. Like if you aren't going to be real with me then please just let me be. Quit chewing me up and spitting me out, if you don't want me then leave me on the shelf.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not easy and it's not over in a snap. The only true thing you can do to "move on" is live your life. Time is the only thing that can heal it, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy life while it heals. Hang out with friends, go on vacation, focus on school or work. Do things to get your mind off thm and what happened while you wait for your heart to heal.