Do guys miss their gfs after break ups?

my ex and i broke up 8 months ago and we had nc for the first two months but then i wanted to check him if he is doing okay then to celebrate his birthday. his answers were prompt like he was answering swiftly and even he was the first one asking how i am. i didn't have the chance to observe him one on one to check if he still loves me or misses me since it was an ldr the last year (we were together for two years)..
anyways i heard that he moved to another apartment with couple friends (he was living alone before) after we broke up and he picked up many things at the same time like hobbies and etc. and he had many trips like every weekend. (i am not following him on social media as i dont have fb or twitter) and my best friend said he started doing more stuff on fb (he was not even loggin on before like it was rare).. so all those things made me think maybe he is missing me.. i dont have an aim to get back together but i do still love him and i wish him all the happiness in the world. and i know it s been already 8 months but still it kinda makes me feel better when i think he might miss me..

do you guys think that guys misses their ex gfs after breakups? what are the common reactions of guys after breakup? how do you guys handle the breakup if the girl really meant to you?

ps: the break up was mutual as we both thought this is going nowhere due to being unable to close the distance in the next one or two years. he is 27 and i am 24...

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont recall seeing how long you were dating for... it may have helped me with a better opinion..
    to answer your question, if its a mutual break up, yes of course we will miss them and love them (you said you still love him) , the only time you don't miss an ex is if that relationship was dying already before you decided to cut it.
    the thing to understand is that it is OVER... a new step has to be taken.

• we were dating around 2 years and basically he wanted to make everything official by requesting to meet my parents, coming to my country, introducing me to his family, basically to all relatives when i visited him in his country. you are right we have to focus on our new lives and let life surprise you with better things.. but i do wonder the progress for guys as he was my real first bf and i ve never thought of what u guys are going through after bu

• very welcome... if it helps, the comments below echo the same thing... just in different words and tones

• thanks :)