Do guys miss their gfs after break ups?

my ex and i broke up 8 months ago and we had nc for the first two months but then i wanted to check him if he is doing okay then to celebrate his birthday. his answers were prompt like he was answering swiftly and even he was the first one asking how i am. i didn't have the chance to observe him one on one to check if he still loves me or misses me since it was an ldr the last year (we were together for two years)..
anyways i heard that he moved to another apartment with couple friends (he was living alone before) after we broke up and he picked up many things at the same time like hobbies and etc. and he had many trips like every weekend. (i am not following him on social media as i dont have fb or twitter) and my best friend said he started doing more stuff on fb (he was not even loggin on before like it was rare).. so all those things made me think maybe he is missing me.. i dont have an aim to get back together but i do still love him and i wish him all the happiness in the world. and i know it s been already 8 months but still it kinda makes me feel better when i think he might miss me..

do you guys think that guys misses their ex gfs after breakups? what are the common reactions of guys after breakup? how do you guys handle the breakup if the girl really meant to you?

ps: the break up was mutual as we both thought this is going nowhere due to being unable to close the distance in the next one or two years. he is 27 and i am 24...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont recall seeing how long you were dating for... it may have helped me with a better opinion..
    to answer your question, if its a mutual break up, yes of course we will miss them and love them (you said you still love him) , the only time you don't miss an ex is if that relationship was dying already before you decided to cut it.
    the thing to understand is that it is OVER... a new step has to be taken.

0|0
    0|0
    • we were dating around 2 years and basically he wanted to make everything official by requesting to meet my parents, coming to my country, introducing me to his family, basically to all relatives when i visited him in his country. you are right we have to focus on our new lives and let life surprise you with better things.. but i do wonder the progress for guys as he was my real first bf and i ve never thought of what u guys are going through after bu

• Show All
    • very welcome... if it helps, the comments below echo the same thing... just in different words and tones

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Me and the girl I was sort of seeing broke up or should I say she dumped me 4 months ago soon to be 5. We haven't been in contact at all she cut off everything even my almost 2 month attempt to try and talk with her or something but with no success. In fact I tried to talk to her in person two months ago and she told me to drop dead and walked away and a month ago we got into a huge fight. But I still miss this girl like crazy. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her about how nice it would be if we could get back together. Even though in the mean time I've meat a couple of girls that I've hit it of with and even one that something happened and I really liked her but she was from out of town so it hasn't gone anywhere. I still miss her company and have urges to call her up and tell her that I miss her and that I just wanna do something together. The weird thing is that I sent her a stupid postcard a few weeks ago and last week she sent me a text thanking me for it even though in her previous text she said she's block my number and never wanted to talk to me again. So yeah I don't know I think she has some kind of radar system that detects when I'm having a great time and not thinking about her or getting to know somebody because that's when a cuveball hits each and every time.
    So yeah guys do care about their ex girlfriends even though we're usually too proud to admit it. The funny thing is with the exception of the above mentioned one I'm really good friends with all of my exs. The girl I was with for 8 years is now partners with me in a buisness venture we're doing and we are really really good friends we're like family.

0|0
    0|0
    • thanks for sharing your story. for me. my boyfriend lots of times stated that i am the one who participates his life the most ever compared to his other two girlfriends.. and he said that many times when we were dating and he was the one who wanted to go for long distance. after our mutual breakup, when i contacted him he swiftly answered and asked my life.. and when i answered he answered in details but then he didn't try to reach me at all. then i had to initiate a convo two more times once to ask him if he wanna meet since i was coming for a business trip to his city and he said he was out of town that weekend due to his sports team finals but he said he will try to come and see me for an hour if driving won't be affecting his team.. we didn't see each other but anyways.. other than those convos, he never really contacted me and tried to contact me. so it sometimes makes me think i never meant anything to him but i dont know.. some people say he is still trying to forget you...

• Show All
    • that s definitely clear. but still i agree that people should bu when they have no feelings anymore and trust me it is really hard when you still love the person and i know it.. but still why would u force a relationship when it is not possible (not seeing and ending i mean-- in our case us versus austria)

so anyways thanks a lot for your time! and great insight!

• I wouldn't force a relationship and I would not not force it. I would always in any case advise anybody and I would do this is to just let things happen like they should.
      For example the girl I was with had a bf and cheated on him with me but we fell in love (at least thats how it felt) but she complicated the hell out of it. She didn't know what to do break up with him and be with me or stop seeing me. I told her just take it easy until you either wan to be with me and he fades away or I fade away. But she dumped me told him broke up with him came back to me and then got scared she threw something away and dumped me again and cut contact but I would have told her just take it easy go slow and with time the answer gets clearer.

• What do you think we do?

We cry and mope around and wonder how something that once felt so right ended up like this.

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont know. i heard many things from other guys.. but i ve never seen a guy explicitly crying after bu. so i am not sure and that s why i am asking about the general progress for guys after bu.. cuz i tend to believe guys are not emotional as much as girls and they move on quickly.

• 'Moving on' is 'trying to stay busy' because if you have idle time, you have time to dwell on what happened. Guys generally don't show their emotions publicly because that's not considered masculine behaviour.

• that s true. i wouldn't find it very manly behavior if my guy friends cries after a girl puclicly.. so true.. thanks.

• Nope. After a break up I move on and start focusing on me and not the past.

0|0
    0|0
    • of course i do the same. my question is not that one.. i am just wondering if you guys do miss and reminisce the past and good days time to time.. i am not asking if he is dying to be with me again.. i am just wondering how long it would take for a guy to move on totally. for your case apparently it is just an hour or minute..

• Everyday...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. Once it's over its over. I think thats probably because I am happy with my life even without the person that I bu with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they some times do, but the fb thing is not a valid reason to think like that. He might just be looking to connect with other people and/ or looking for some new girl friends. Keep it real.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh I see. I think I misread the whole thing. It might be a indicator that he is trying to forget you that he did so many other things. in other words his keeping himself occupied with things so he doesn't have time to think about you.

• Show All
    • oh no sir.. i am not the boy toy... lol.. both points are really valid. thanks!

• Lol okay. You're welcome and have a great day! ;)

What Girls Said 1

• I've personally never known a guy that cares about an ex. Usually they look forward to the next one!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes