Why do I keep rehearsing talks that I will have with my ex?

I am not sure if this is just my way of dealing with it or not. The history is that my ex Girlfriend age 46, breaks up, gives me the childish silent treatment,,,, then contacts me in total turmoil over something in her life (money, ex husband, sick dogs, etc... ) then I stupidly take her back. I find myself practicing what I will say. Even talking out loud in my car like I am talking to her. The "speech" is how her behavior is unacceptable, she has fallen out of love and I am done.

HAs anyone else done this crazy practice of what you will say when your ex contacts you?

10