Is it because she's a Commitment Phobe?

My ex girlfriend broke up with me after a year and a half, Obviously i'm totally gutted, as didn't see it coming! She said its because she didn't want to make many life changes? She has had loads of short term boyfriends, I was her longest relationship. She has slept with 40 men (shes30), 1 of her early, but many ex's cheated on her. I never saw her cry while we were together. Do all these things point to a fear to commit?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could lead to a fear of commitment. But, honestly, if she really loved you, she wouldn't have put you through this and won't fall out of love with you that quickly. It seems that you are willing to invest more into the relationship, but she isn't. I think its best to just move on and find someone that will treat you better and won't change their feelings towards you week after week.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's been said that woman who hold an extensive list of sexual partners tend to have trouble committing to one person, one relationship, for an extended period of time and therefore have a greater chance of cheating or moving on.

Being that you are aware of past, why, for crying out loud, would you be surprised of her decision to move on? Why did you ignore her behavior patterns?

In any event, she could possibly have a fear of committing. Or, it's possible she simply does not want to settle down, which may have nothing to do with fear. And more to do with her personal preference.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• 40? yikes. I'm 20 and I've been with 3 and I feel gross about that. Lol hopefully I'll never have to go any higher. But anyway, yeah... be happy she's gone. She isn't worth it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeh and I really struggled with the number, and she told me it early on in the relationship, but I loved her so much I accepted it and was ok with it. I've only been with 5 girls and im 34. Just so gutted, as I finally felt I'd found the one!!!

What Guys Said 4

• Well at the end she was honest about it.
    She was probably just with u from the guilt of breaking ur heart..
    Be glad its over and move on, so many women out there so many opportunities

Go out and be wild, smile and laugh
    She was worth it and now she isn't.. Its time u took chances with others to find someone

0|1
    0|0
  • sounds like she has commitment issues. could stem from the early bf cheating on her or just a general personality that is afraid of commitment.

0|0
    0|0
  • She likes it up her, and isn't ready to commit yet.

0|0
    0|1
  • Sounds like she's unwilling to commit. YOu should be thankful she let you go.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes