Why am I Hung up help its screwing up my potential relationships?

I'm so hung up on This guy that I dated over a year ago. We were never together long was about 2 months we were friends before that and decided to take it a step further , the problem was he was moving faster then I was. I wanted to take it slow , I had been in a previous relationship were I was hurt and I was absolutely terrified he was going to do the same so I broke up with him. A fortnight later I realised I wanted him back but I was to stubborn to admit it i slutted around. he and I were talking again we spoke on and off and he got mad about some dicisions Id made so I got the impression he wanted nothing to do with me so I deleted him of Facebook he got so angry we had a argument so the talking stopped then one night we made up and slept together all thoses strong feelings come back. I got the impression we were getting back together but everything changed he went all werid but the girl I am I tried to get him back and it came across desperate. so now he won't speck to me as 6 month down the line I'm still hung up and distorting potential relationships and I have no idea why is this normal?

10