How long to tell the kids?

My wife and I are getting divorced. Well I am with someone else now and so is my wife. When should our daughter meet our new partners? We waited to tell our kid about the divorce until about 2/12 to 3 months ago. There are other factors but generally speaking how long?

11

What Girls Said 1

• Your daughter doesn't need to meet your new partners right away. You need to make sure the relationships in question are going to last long enough first. If your daughter starts seeing multiple people coming through their life that they get attached to and then disappear, it could cause them some developmental issues.

So there isn't really a time line per say, but I would suggest waiting until the honeymoon phase of your new relationship is over. This way you know your daughter doesn't have to deal with more heartbreak.

What Guys Said 1

• You both sound like a couple of winners to me. Why don't you just use your own judgment?