What do men really do after a breakup?

Are they sad? Do they even care? Women are usually sad the first couple of weeks, then slowly come to terms with it.

430

What Guys Said 29

• I eat a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice-cream while watching 'Titanic' and singing 'My Heart Will Go On' while crying into a pillow... That may or may not be true.

• As we teachers say, "Your answers will vary."

It largely depends on the man. Some seem to get over it faster than others. Most men I know are usually sad for a few weeks, then they slowly come to terms with it, just like yourself, FitnessGirlBrit. I was that way.

Interesting story about men and women in breakups. I'll never forget the time that two of my guy friends broke up with two of my girl friends (I think with one couple, the guy broke up with the girl, and with the other couple it was the girl who broke up with the guy). The next weekend, the two guys (who rented a home together) had a party. I was there. The two girls showed up to the party (uninvited) for about five minutes, then left when they realized the guys were actually having a good time. Specifically, they left when one of them saw her ex-boyfriend making out with someone else. However, knowing both of these guys, it shouldn't have come as a surprise to either of them.

But that being said, men can and do sometimes react VERY differently to the two guys in the above story.

• this is what "i" usually do..
    phase 1 : plunge into sadness , almost can't sleep at all.
    phase 2 : trying hard to forget past , tag along with best friends and get drunk together
    phase 3: strip club.. try to distract my mind to other women..

• no they dont give a shio. they're actually veryhappy about it cuz that opens up oppurtunityvfor them to score on othr cuties. the main reason why guys get into relationship is juz to get laid. feel meh?

• Took me a solid year and a half to get over it when I broke up with my long term gf (3years). We aren't as heartles as you thought us to be.

• Feel a terrible mix of relief and sadness.

Relief that the drama is over, but sadness that everything is over. Temporarily.

• We play Madden. Then we get so fucking pissed at the 49ers block shed, that we forget about the break up entirely.

• depends on who broke up but it´s the same for us. some are sad for a short or a long period of time, some even become depressed or are scarred for life.

• First I'm grumpy, then I'm lonely, and after that I have fond memories of her for the rest of my life. Once the hurt wears off, I look back on each girlfriend fondly, go on with my happy life, but always wonder
    "What If?"

• personaly i'd celebrate it hahah

• I bawled my eyes out. I didn't eat. I tried contacting her to get some closure something and I asked everyone what went wrong and their opinions. Good now though life lesson learned

• I drink. And smoke. Mostly drink. Then I call her dad to tell him what an asshole he was.
    But that is if my current relationship ended, in other cases I didn't even give a shit.

• Find another girl to be with

• What I do after a break up?
    I WATCH STAR WARS!!!

• putting effort for finding a more beautiful girl than ex gf :)

• i was just kidding, don't take it seriosly. i think it depends how he loves the girl who he broke up. if he loves her so much. the break up wouldbe awful for him. but if he doesn't love her. he even can be happy for break up

• It depends on the girl and the relationship, some break-ups I didn't really care about, one I couldn't WAIT to end and one I got badly hurt by

• Sad... Fap... Sad... Fap... Sad... fap (this may go on for a while depending on how close they were)

• I stay at home, stop shaving my face, watch p*rn and drink to help forget about the person

• People differ, because they're human beings. Stop generalising these questions please.

• probably just beat off and move on

• Depending on the guy, they may not get over it for several years.

• We cry like everyone else

• everyones different, i generally feed off of it and use it as fuel to better myself so when i see my ex or she hears about me or whatever ill be looking and doing better than before. lol.

• some cope up by drinking, some by drugs, guys like me hit gym and spend more time there

• Pig out on Ice Cream, crisps, chocolate and cry endlessly.

• i like what @evenlift put up XD but to be honest it really depends on the relation ship and the dude

• I feel betrayed but then get over it

• First week silver second week gold third week platinum fourth week diamond fifth week lcs

• Go out and find another woman as soon as possible,

What Girls Said 4

• it depends on the person.

for ex.
    some people are just getting cover the humiliation but dont care much about the person.

other people have a healthy relationship with themselves and their feelings and can honestly get upset but accept its over and move on right away,

other people loved fully, but did it secretly and shamedly never adjusted to how they felt spent the whole relationship in denial will spend the break up in denial and post break yup in denial and probably the rest of their life in denial unless they deal with it they may drink chronically for the rest of their life. or get cancer or just be bitter.

it doesn't matter of you're a woman or a man. it depends on how well you process your feel;ints and how strong an emotional reserve you have to deal with your feelings.

people running around saying I'm a rock. are not going to heal well. they just may not know what their problem is.

its good to grieve and emerge-- which you can't do without going through it.

its not good to drown.

nor good to pretend you can walk on water.

• As harsh as it may sound men find someone else. It's distracting and makes them feel better about themselves. Especially if they liked the girl. Women should do this too. As it will either make her ex want her back, or help her move on quicker. But I don't mean jump into a relationship. Just rebound fun.

• I think they go for another girl lol jk i don't know actually

• victory dance?