Falling back to my previous thoughts of my ex.. help?

My ex and i broke up 2 months ago. We dated for 5 years and lately I've been really happy with my life and all the things that have been happening, in fact, i stopped caring about my ex and i wasn't thinking about her so much but I am slowly falling back to where i was. wondering what she is up to and what she's doing and who she could be with or if she moved on already and maybe if she is doing better than me.

How can i keep on living this way without caring about what she's doing or if she's with someone else? Im happy the way i am but i really dont want to get back to that stage WHAT DO I DO?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I am quite sure you have heard the old Saying: Why fix what doesn't need to be fixed? This is the way I am feeling with you right now, sweetie, because now that you have finally got her out of your life, your head, you've moved on, you're 'Happy with my life,' why mess with Success?
    You may think you are Really over the hump, that you are stronger now, that one little text could Never be a dealbreaker to bring you right back to Square One. However, look at a drug addict, an alcoholic who is On the wagon and put One Little drink, one little piece of rock in front of their noses, and Off they fall from Not just the wagon but on to a "Pity wagon" instead.
    One contact to her could be your demise. The old skeletons in the closet may rattle and roar, you both may end up meeting up, hooking up... and back to the old ways the merry go round will go, bringing you even Longer this time, to a full circle recovery that you didn't anticipate but was told by someone who is very wise... me.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Time. And spend your energy on other people. I can't stress this enough. You need to get out there and go on dates with other girls. Nothing serious. Just get used to being with other girls who find you attractive.
    When you're alone, spend time letting go of negative emotions over your ex. Take up yoga or meditating. Something you can do in quiet so you can reset your mind and keep your thoughts and emotions in check

• If you ignore your emotions, they will always be below the surface. If you deal with them, you can let them go and really be over your ex