Why are there so many divorces happening in US?

From the last few years I have been observing that there are so many divorces happening in US.
According to Marriage and Divorce - American Psychological Association
"However, about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce. The divorce rate for subsequent marriages is even higher."
And this rate is increasing as I write this question.

Why people in US cannot stick to one partner and give it more time. Try to understand each other more before giving up. It takes a lot of toll to a person and especially to children.
Why politicians, NGO's, senior people cannot create more awareness about it and explain how good it is to live a good, successful life with a single partner.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people rush into marriage.
    Because people are lazy.
    Because people forget about the good things of each other.
    Because people take the easy way out.

Everyone has problems and disagreements. However some married couples think those problems are TOO big to talk about and fix. They just want to quit and get a divorce.

My parents have been married 32 years and they have had rough times. So bad that I thought I was going to have to pick a side. But they worked through it.
    I won't be part of that divorced statistic. I want a forever marriage, not a convinient one for 4 years and then out.

• Quite rightly said.. Take your time.. Choose the correct partner.. Even ask your parents before deciding it. And then try your best to continue with them all your life and live a happy life.

• That's all I crave. I want to be married and married forever. I want to be happy.

• Thank you xD

What Girls Said 4

• I'm contemplating divorce very seriously. I've been married for 14 years, how much more "time" do I put into it in your eyes?

• If there is not a very much serious reason for divorce, you should not even think about it.
      It is not easy with the second partner if you are thinking for remarrying in future. It impacts you and your husband life and both families.
      Think that you don't have a option of divorce, then what you will do. Try to make both of your life better. Do that for an year and check how it is going. If it fails try another year. If both of you try things will definitely become better.

• Because people don't marry for love anymore.

• Because people can actually get divorced now without being condemned.

• Because marriage means superficiality these days. Its not about love anymore.

What Guys Said 2

• It's world wide :(

• because its more socially acceptable

• Yes they have become socially acceptable. That is good in a way that you should not treat the people who have divorced in a bad manner but they should not go and say it is not working out for small disagreements and inconvenience. It impacts everyone.. We should find a way to change it.