Is my ex happier without me?

My ex broke up with me about a month ago. We were together for over a year and recently had a baby. He was awful to me. Went out drinking a lot and was cheating. He was angry and abusive towards the end. He is dating someone like a week after he left me. He acts like we were nothing. How did he move on so quickly and lose those feelings? Is he happier with this new girl without me? Has he really changed?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks can be deceiving... remember some people deal with their pain by resorting to things like that. Some drink a lot after a break up... others do drugs... some people get depressed... then you also get people who deal with break ups by rebounding. It doesn't mean they are over you. It just means they are dealing with their pain by trying to replace you in some way. Whether he's changed or not.. I don't know but what I do know is that you are like 100 times way better off without him in your life and that he sounds like a really bad person for cheating on you. Why care about such a asshole? His feelings should be irrelevant to you and your focus should be on yourself and the baby for now.