Is my ex happier without me?

My ex broke up with me about a month ago. We were together for over a year and recently had a baby. He was awful to me. Went out drinking a lot and was cheating. He was angry and abusive towards the end. He is dating someone like a week after he left me. He acts like we were nothing. How did he move on so quickly and lose those feelings? Is he happier with this new girl without me? Has he really changed?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks can be deceiving... remember some people deal with their pain by resorting to things like that. Some drink a lot after a break up... others do drugs... some people get depressed... then you also get people who deal with break ups by rebounding. It doesn't mean they are over you. It just means they are dealing with their pain by trying to replace you in some way. Whether he's changed or not.. I don't know but what I do know is that you are like 100 times way better off without him in your life and that he sounds like a really bad person for cheating on you. Why care about such a asshole? His feelings should be irrelevant to you and your focus should be on yourself and the baby for now.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Do yourself a favor and don't even worry about those things. If he really did those things you mentioned in your post then it doesn't matter who he's happier with, what matters is that YOU are better off without him.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• He hasn't changed overnight. Most likely, this new girl is going to get the same treatment. Most relationships seem good at the beginning andif they're covered up enough, they still seem good till the end. He's just a heartless man. Just like he uses alcohol to turn away from his problems, he quickly dates another girl to forget about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • The question is? are you better without him? YES, you are! Remember one day we are down and the next one we are above. Don't worry about what he is doing right now, he is probably making miresable someone else. Focus on your baby, work, friends and family and in no time you'll be laughing of this. (cause it happened to me)

0|0
    0|0
  • He moved on before he broke up with you. You should be happier without him from the sounds of it, and don't concern yourself with his personal life other than co-parenting.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes