Any tips on how I can get over him?

About an hour ago I got a message from a number that wasn't on my contacts list. The area code was from New Jersey and immediate I began to think it was my ex since he's the only person I know who's from the east coast. At first my reaction was just "Oh sh*t. Well this is unexpected." Instead of assuming it was him, I just asked who it was and while I waited I began to contemplate how I felt if it turned out to be him. In doing so, my mind wandered to think about how he broke my heart not just once but twice. And how he was kind of an ass for how he did it. But in spite of that, I know that when we were together I was truly in love with him and I know it sounds silly. Believe me, I know. It's been almost a year since I last saw him.

Anyone got any advice on how to get over an ex, especially your first love?

02