Need advice on life situation?

I've been with my gf for 8 years now. We went through a lot to be with each other because of her family not trusting me much. We ended up living with her family for a couple years. We decided to move out of state in which i became an officer at the county jail. we had our own place there and everything was fine. However, i began to feel like i wasn't doing anything with my life and didn't feel like my 6 years of college payed off so we decided to move back with her family to pursue a better life and to find a job as a designer for commercials. Now her sister has some 40 year old asshole who lives here and wakes us up every morning at 530 because he has to work and is very loud waking me up. My gf won't say anything because she is scared to and doesn't want me to because i won't be nice. Her family sees me as exaggerating and having high tempers at times. I, again at my age, feel like im getting nowhere in life. I work part time in retail and my gf is a goddamn server. I am not proud of my life thus far and want to do something about it. I feel like im becoming less interested in my gf sexually and emotionally as well. what should i do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I always felt struggling together was best than struggling apart. When you finally reap the rewards of your hard work, you have someone that was their along the ready to throw their hands up to embrace you. What you are talking to us about, have you talked to her about it? I can't recommend any quick fixes.

0|0
    0|0
    • We always argue about this asshole who lives here and life goals. It seems that over 90 percent of our convo is about this. Me not feeling accomplished and her not doing anything about her sisters dumb ass bf

• Show All
    • You need positive thoughts! You are very close to here, if you can manage to save up or even find two jobs you got this! I really think you and her can do it. What is it that you want to do with your life?

• i want to live a modest lifestyle. not to be rich or famous crap but just be able to afford an apt in a good community and start building my life. problem is the job market im in , graphic design, is highly competitive and i feel that i dont have a passion for it in the first place. I originally wanted to be a dentist but that fell through when my grades and money did. I just feel lost and i think if i can find my passion, i will have something to fight for

What Guys Said 1

• Your first focus needs to be on a better paying job and getting a place of your own.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im not sure what job that would be tho. I've been doing jobs i hate since i started working and its taking a toll on me. I can't find something that i appreciate or have a drive to do. I would damn near call the jail back in the other state just to do something but i left without 2 weeks so im screwed there too

• And build something for you and your girl. If you let it slip because of some jerk - maybe you should build yourself more self esteem. It's both of your lives. Not the parents and not the sisters.

• My problem is I don't know what to do. like what to become in life. I feel rather empty at this age and dont just want to jump into any rinky tink job just to move on.

Recommended myTakes