Is there any chance of us getting back together?

So for starters this girl and i dated for 5 years September 2009-2014 while we were in high school and part of college. We had a perfect relationship for 4 years full of fun and laughter, that last year changed everything we started to fall into a routine. All we did was hangout and do homework. one day she suddenly said we needed to talk and thats when she said that i not longer feel the same way anymore. and that it would be in the best interest for both of us to break up. Since then we have talked briefly, asking how we are etc. which leads me to now. I asked her a question a that said do you miss me and she replied with yes, but i do not want to go back to the past. What exactly does that mean? i want to get back with her. :/
Updates:
With this we do talk every 2-3 days Some times i text her. Some times she texts me. She did state that she has been trying to get me too hangout and see her but i never noticed :/
i sent her a text lastnight and said " you said that you did not want to go back to the past, well how about the future with coffee? and i haven't got a response yet :/

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She misses you, but doesn't want it like it was before. She what's to start fresh forgetting the past

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • so what your saying is take things slow and see if she warms up to the idea?

• Show All
    • Would it be wrong for me to say " So you said that you dont want to go back to the past? what about the future with coffee?" will that work lol

• yes furture and a drink together would work

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's much of chance. If she using terms about you being "the past" and she only responds to text when you send them then I think it's pretty over and that you should stop contacting her and move on with the rest of your life.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • she contacts me quite often. referring to how she is going to miss seeing the hobbit with me. ( something we used to do). She has tried to hangout/ see me but i was currently dating some girl at that time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• She doesn't want to routine relationship but she does miss you. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone how you feel

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on dude past is past

0|0
    0|0
  • She misses you but she doesn't want to fall into routine. That doesn't necessarily mean she wants you back. She just misses the way things were in the past.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Prob means you quit doing the things it took to ge her

0|0
    0|0
    • That sounds about right i was just to dumb to realize what i was doing before it was to late. with this we text once every 2-3 days about random things which go one for a day or so then she stops responding.

• Show All
    • i understand what i did wrong and im going to try and fix it. thank you. no more looking in the past!

• Yes thats the key to life! Live free man and good luck with your endeavors...

Recommended myTakes