Excepting the fact you might not ever see the ex again , how do you go about this?

in this day and age its not hard to lose touch with someone especially if you move away or they start to avoid you. its totally possible to not see someone again and it can be tough to accept that fact. you think in the back of your head your going to see them again but at some point you start to realise that might not happen.
how do you accept the fact you might not see a previous significant other again supposing you still wanted to stay in contact with them? that they might just drift away and be gone for good? is this a positive thing to do? has it happened to you before?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's happened to me, but not in the context of a significant other. More like a love interest who was a close friend at the time. But as time passes I try to contact them once in a while just to see how they're doing, and it's getting easier.
    I think the only way to move on is to gauge by their reaction to your communication.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, Yes and Yes

Several times actually - and yes it's a good thing to move forward and be open for new things to come. Staying in contact with an ex can be complicated. Really depends on the person. But what is most important: Accept their wishes - no matter how or why you broke up.

On the other hand - if you want to stay in contact and its mutual - why don't you just call?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes