I love my boyfriend but I'm not happy with him. What should I do?

I broke up with my boyfriend today and I feel like I made a mistake but he is such an asshole. I know I'm better off but we had such great times. How do I move on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Time heals all wounds. Try to logically figure out which traits you liked, which you didn't, and which can serve as warning flags for assholery when you meet more guys in the future. Relationships are a learning experience. Resolve to not make the same mistakes twice (make entirely new ones! :P ).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• First of all you DONT love him its just a feeling.
    Dont confuse these intense feelings for love.

The bedt thing to do is keep avoiding him and doing proper thought control. If he pops up in your head thats totally fine but dont turn this into a fantasy about his good sides and what you like to do with him. Instead think about why you left him and that its better this way. It will take some time but eventually the feelings will go away.

0|0
    1|0
  • Time will help. Focus on other things, especially yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fill the empty space with someone else.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Hey, it's okay. You did the right thing! It's going to be very difficult to move on, but you have to remember that you did what was best for you. You'll find a better guy who's more caring and respectful and will always treat you right, and you'll love that guy even more than you love your now ex. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't remember the good times you had with your ex - by all means, remember them! Go through old pictures of the two of you and think about your first date/kiss/etc... but also think about why he was an asshole and why you broke up with him. You said you know you're better off without him, which implies you don't think he's likely to change anytime soon - think about how unhappy you'd be if you stayed with him and he never changed.

I know love sucks sometimes, so you just gotta keep your head up and your heart strong. You'll find love again - maybe not soon, but definitely in the future. For now, concentrate on things that centre around you as a newly single girl. Go out with your girlfriends, excel at school/work, join a gym, take up a new hobby, meet new guys... anything to remind you that your relationship with him was keeping you down but that there are better times ahead. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • thank you :)

• Anytime :) Hope I helped. If you have questions or need someone to talk to, feel free to message me!

Recommended myTakes