Should I get back together with my him?

So we broke up in July, because he was being cold and distant and was no longer making any effort to make this relationship work.
We had no contact for two months before he called me again. He explained that he panicked, he needed air without knowing how to ask for it. I kept telling him that I understood but that I didn't think it was a good idea to get back together.
Since then, he's been doing everything to prove me wrong. He worked on everything that used to be wrong with our couple (his relationship with my friends, his priorities, his need for air, etc...).

My friends keep telling me to stop talking to him.
But I'm the only girl he's ever loved (I've known him a long time and he never had a serious relationship before me). Do you think it's a good idea? Can people change like this?
  • Yes, seems like a good idea to give him a second chance
  • No, getting back with exes is never good anyway

26

Most Helpful Girl

• I call what you both were on Not so much a "Breakup," but a "Break" from one another to make the One who wasn't so sure about your relationship and with coming up for air in his own space in his own time, he has now realized that----He loves you, he misses the kisses and you are the One and Only girl for him.
    He is making this up to you, showing his sweet proof in the pudding of How he has changed so you both can be Now this "Perfect couple." However, with his compromising, it's your turn now, "B," to show him that you in turn, have take a a better and new direction in the love connection and from now on you are giving the space he needs and craves for once in awhile.
    It's not healthy for two people to be Constantly hooked at the hip. Each needs his or her space to help their own Love flow and go on evenly as though Even Steven and no ending up with---War of the roses down a beaten path.
    Yes, everyone deserves a second chance. And with him making such a beautiful concerted effort, it might just pan out now. But you both need to be a team, working together and with this, Partners for more potential pairing down the road. Keep both feet planted on the ground on guard for the time being...
    For now, should you take him back, don't wear your heart so quick on your sleeve until you have both come to terms with some sort of agreement. You are his First Love and he will never forget you, even if he gets married to another in the future, you will always stay in his heart.
    Listen to your own head and heart, don't let your friends live your life for you.. they are not in your shoes.
    Good luck. xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you, "B," for allowing me to lend a helping hand and Happy Halloween, no trick or treating about this one, all will be okay..:)) xxoo

• You made some very good points :) Happy Halloween to you too!

• Thank you, "B," and thank you for the Halloween well wishes.. xxoo