Halloween party where my ex will be, is it a bad idea for me to go?

It's a little more complicated than the title implies. My ex broke up with me at the beginning of the month, Halloween would have unofficially been 4 years with her. We lived together for the past 1.5 years and she's already packed her things and gone. We haven't spoken to each other in about 3 weeks, and my life has been pretty rough since the break up.

Her sister dates one of my good friend's family friend, whom I've become friends with as well (even before they started dating). He's having a Halloween party this Saturday and my ex will be there, and since the breakup he's been somewhat distant. He invited me but that was weeks ago, and I hadn't heard from him until I messaged him last night about it. I get the impression that he didn't want me there because she would be there, which isn't cool on his behalf but somewhat understandable.

I don't know what to do, should I go and risk running into my ex? I feel like our breakup has damaged my friendship as well which isn't fair; I've known this guy well before I started dating her and although we were never good friends it seems like he'd rather keep his distance entirely from the situation.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Skip this one.