What are the effects of parent divorce on a girl's views on relationships?

What are the effects of parent divorce on a girl's views on relationships

Pretty easy question or people are just lazy

32

Most Helpful Girl

• My parent's are divorced so I can answer from my perspective only. I find it difficult to trust people in general, not just men. I think divorce impacts every aspect of a persons life and that's how it can affect a relationship. For me, it affected my trust, emotions, and caused me to fear abandonment. A lot of people would call this 'daddy issues', which is true because it stems from my father being an idiot. But it also affects my relationships. Friendships, or romantic, they're all impacted. Some girls may want to avoid relationships altogether, where as some may cling to being in relationships and put themselves in abusive situations to avoid being alone.

What Girls Said 2

• my parents aren't divorced but i already think that relationships are shit for the most part. there are -plenty- of unhappy people who are still married and really warping their kids' views about relationships, love, and marriage.

• To be honest it hasn't effected me in anyway relationship wise but I feel like I'm more stronger and I feel like it's made me a tougher person who doesn't get hurt that easily anymore. But it has made me realise at least with how my parents got divorced that if I do find a guy it's only gonna be based on personality and not looks. It's made me realise that looks are not important at all

• In my experience, I have seen teenagers who have watched their parents divorce decide that they will do everything they can to make sure that it doesn't happen to them. Like doing everything they can to make their partner happy and make their relationship successful

• I would of course try to make my partner happy and make the relationship successful but shouldn't everyone in general. It has taught me personally what not to do in a relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• It will increase her chances of divorce too. It's something like a 14% increase in divorce risk. Search it on the internet,

• Most likely bad issues with trust/views of marriage in general.