Who is in the wrong here?

my girlfriend recently dumped me because i crashed her car into a dumpster in a burger king parking lot.

but here's the thing she forced me to borrow her car since i don't have my own and she was embarrassed about having a boyfriend who doesn't drive.

so one night me and my friend norm were out buying some beers and we stopped in at burger king and we were goofing off a bit in the car having a food fight and basically when push came to shove i accidentally veered to the side and there was this dumpster i crashed into. both headlights smashed, fender came off, hood crumpled.

i call my girlfriend up, she screamed at me, then cried, and said we were done.

what i want to know is it my fault or hers? she forced me to drive cause she said a guy without a car is a bum so does she really have a right to be mad and dump me?

in case you're wondering I am paying for the damage set it up with her parents so i give them the money and dont talk to her since she hates me.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• `i call my girlfriend up, she screamed at me, then cried, and said we were done.`
    -> well, it was the best thing to do by calling her first, because in an other scenario she would have to find out for herself by you not telling her and that might have even created a even bigger scene and you would have earned some more damage. BUT...

-> you are paying off your depts and that is the right thing to do, probably you suggested it yourself, so that gives you a feather upon your hat for starters, making a good impression by handling responsibel after such events and the parents will respect that by in any given conversation comming from her side , they will defend you in such conversations ;-)

But to answer your question: nore you or she is wrong, that`s it! Well because she forced you and you agreed by doing so, she made a choice and so did you, both cases have could been the total opposite right? And then nobody was feeling bad, sad, or angry... it`s just a phase she is going trough, don`t take it to personally, she is just like that, that is how she reacts and deals with such situations, she should mature up, a car that is wrecked or a guy in the hospital, what whould be worse?

Shalom Lech `go in peace my brother`, you`ll make it, trust me ;-)

What Girls Said 4

• I think you're a bit in the wrong here. It stays her car. You were the one who made the accident. Regardless of the reasons for why you were in it, it doesn't change the fact that it stays your responsibility to look after it considering it's not yours and you didn't pay for it. It's not cool that she dissed you for not having a car but that's not a valid reason or excuse to be let off when you crash someone's car.

• yea im paying for the damage but in hindsight i shouldve dumped her and drawn a big penis on the hood because she is rude

• Yeah, nothing says "mature" more than that.

• thanks i think so

• I think you will find in the eyes of the law, the question that would be asked would be "WHO Was Driving The Car"?

No need to give the answer as it is obvious.

So, who's fault was it? Again the answer is obvious.

Why not just do the honourable thing and repair the damage to her car... Who know's given time she might just forgive you. :)

• It is not her fault that you crashed her car. I think you should pay to fix it for her. But at the same time why does she care if her boyfriend has a car or not? She shouldn't be worried about what others will think of that.

• she shouldn't have been but she was. in fact her boyfriend before me had a car and a better job than me but she left him for me cause he was no good in the bedroom and he was too lovey dovey sensitive with her she got bored with him. but i think she missed the perks of having a man drive her everywhere.

• Both of you.

What Guys Said 4

• How old are you man? I just want to know at what age a guy becomes a bum in a girls eyes if he doesn't have a car... lol

As for your question, I guess she trusted you would be careful with her car, so she felt let down when you had an accident. If you really care about her you should probably pay for the damage and apologise. Otherwise just leave it and move on.

• im 22. she was always on my ass about working at subway and still living with the parents too like im supposed to just pull a better job out of my butt or something.

• Yas it was ur fault for fooling around when u weren't suppose to. Who at the age of 18 play food fight with another Dood lel. She feel bad for u not having a car so she was kind enough to lend it to u as great as it sound.

• She is jat over reacting NY one would have done it... Its just an accident u make her understand sweetly wen she is calm down DAT its just an accident...;)

• Hahahahahaha she's only angry for now , fix her car and say you're sorry. She will come by..