Why do you think white female and black males have highest divorce rates of all race combinations and white male and black females have lowest rate?

White females initiate the divorce on average after 7 years, 2 kids and the most often reported reason is that he was "selfish". Not sure why the white male and black female combination is vastly different.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I try not to generalize... but culturally there's a lot of black men who ARE kinda selfish.

What Girls Said 1

• I know a lot of my white friends go for black guys because they're said to be bigger than other races (I know it's a stereotypical kind of thing), and I actually have no answer to this. I'm sure people will come up with racist remarks so I'm not going to bother. It's just a coincidence I guess?

• That is the common thinking. Science however shows it to be a half inch difference. it is the shower or grower issue combined with stereotypes. What concerned me is the white wife almost always (95% of the time) files for the divorce. So I don't understand how they get it wrong so much.

What Guys Said 2

• I would argue that the statistics you sited are a correlation, but not a causation.

As it stands, I'd like to avoid participation in any discussion concerning behavior based on skin color, as I believe it would redirect us from the more pressing issue of social upbringings and cultural norms that lead to divorce.

• People are going to try and justify an answer on here, the truth is black guys make bad husbands for the most part.