My boyfriend says that I always complain, I just felt safe telling him everything it made me feel better I dont know what to do?

Im 17 and my boyfriend is 18 we are both seniors in high school but we live 30 miles apart in different towns. So we try to see each other when we can but its really hard sometime. When we first started dating he treated me like a princess he would come see me all the time and tell me that im beautiful and how much he loves me. Well we have been dating for 7 monthes and these last couple of monthes have been really hard. You see I currently dont have anywhere to live i sleep on couches between my moms and my grandmas house and the only freedom i had was my car but we had to give it back to the dealership so now I dont really have anything all of my clothes got lost so i only have a few items left. My mother dosnt really want me around anymore and my older brother and his wife and child are staying at my grandmas house which is only 2 bedrooms so there is no room for me to stay there. After my boyfriend and i started dating he started to make me feel safe like i could tell him anything and at first i didn't want to because i was scared i would drive him away but then i couldnt help it and i told him everything at first it was fine he was so supportive however her latley he getting really mad about it. I know is life is much harder than mine his mother had cancer and father is possibly going to have a stroke, but he has his own little apartment and his own truck and gets 1000 dollars a month and he never comes over anymore and i dont have a car or money yet i make it over there at least once a week. What should i do? When we are together we always laugh and there is nothing like it in the world I love him so much, I dont want to drive him away. I dont know what to do anymore. Please can someone help me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to pick and choose your battles more wisely. Don't complain to him about every worry you have, whether it be in your own life or regarding him. Try to keep it to yourself unless it becomes a recurring issue.

One thing I learned when in a similar situation where it got to me complaining about petty things than anything else with my boyfriend was also that, when bringing up something you'er not happy about with him, try to make it more constructive than negative. So rather than just explaining in detail what you think is wrong, tell him why you feel like that. Like in your case, you can tell him you feel sidelined by everyone and essentially alone, so as a result you love the security and outlet for frustration he provides.

Hopefully once he understands your reasoning behind it, he'll be more tolerant of it.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think this is very good advice for anyone in a relationship.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Well you have the right to rant from time to time

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him exactly what you just told us. Relationships are hard, especially when one person is going through a tough time and even harder when it's both of you and the relationship is still in early stages. It's tough even if you've been together ages! Just talk to him, he'll understand and maybe have a few things to say himself.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not that he doesn't care for you anymore he just has a lot of stress too. So he's probably overloaded and does not want to deal with anyghing. He has stress over things he has no control over. Whereas you have stress over things you do have control of. Which is probably why you complain so much because your problem can be solved and you need to do something about it. I would ask him if you could stay with him for awhile. Tell him stress free, he won't have to take care of you, you'll be there to support him through this time. You will clean, cook and find a job to contribute to his rent.

1|0
    0|0
  • I leaned on my ex too much. I come from a broken home and he come from a perfect family so the strain of me telling him too much broke us. My advice is only tell him what you HAVE to and if he wants to ask you anything about what's on your mind then tell him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes