Should I break up with him or try to make it work?

So my boyfriend deploys early next year (Navy) and I am really nervous about it. I am getting pretty anxious already even though it is still some time away. I don't know what to do. We won't get the "homecoming" either since he is getting out mid deployment since he is not reenlisting or anything. I will be in Grad school then and probably won't be in the same state as him. I am afraid of losing him because of this. I am so confused. I told him that I was afraid that I would lose him if I was in a different state than him for grad school. He told me "it will take more than that for you to lose me" I am still afraid. I don't know what to do. Should I break up with him or just take a chance and see if it works out.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Falling in love isn't a choice but staying in love is. So its your choice to get through his deployment and make sure your there when he comes back. Remember he is going for a good reason his not leaving you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He decided to join the navy and risk deployment. You do not owe him the privilege of waiting around. I say dump him and when he's done being away, you can talk again if you're still single.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're happy stick with him. I don't understand what you're afraid of

0|0
    0|0
    • Taking a risk and then losing him. Getting hurt.

• Show All
    • From what he said yes I think he wants to be

• Okay. I'll try not to worry.

What Girls Said 3

• Three years ago, a man found me on FB and we had started a whirlwind romance. After getting to know him better on Skype, I then flew off to the magical land of Cairo where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that when returning to my home, I boarded again 3 months after this, where we ended up tying the knot a the Ministry of Justice. I resided there for awhile, learning his culture and religion, also learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    However, with Time, many ups and downs, our breakups and makeups, we have encountered much strife in our life. I haven't been to see him in a very long time and with the Middle East as bad as it has gotten over a period of time, I haven't set foot back on a plane to go back. And I messed up here on American soil, I became involved with a Coptic from Egypt who lived closer to me.. this was the straw that broke the camel's back... we are now discussing a divorce...
    If you both love one another, LDR Can work. It takes to tango and two special people to pull together to make the effort and have the patience and are willing to compromise and work as a team. However, if one or both are not doing his or her part, it can go dead in the water.
    I would highly suggest Skype as a perfect way to keep the lines of convo open.. it was a life savor many times in my own life. And I strongly believe that if you have come this far and his loving and loyal words of dedication and true love in his heart, it is God who is testing you, but it is the Both of you who will have to endure this long road ahead and just make sure that no one ends----Eating those words someday.
    I have faith that everything will pan out if you work as One and don't allow any obstacles to stand in your way to make this go down a beaten path.
    Hang in there, don't give up... love will find its way.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with your gut.

0|0
    0|0
    • My gut is confused.

• If you're doubting the relationship you have your answer. Anytime you feel insecure about something, you get rid of that insecurity. In the future you may get back together, but for now you need to make yourself happy.

• My gut is afraid of getting hurt. I talked to my Grandma and I think I will try to make it work.

• There is a high chance he is going to cheat on you with hookers so you should dump him.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really do not think he will. That is a terrible stereotype.

• Show All
    • Oh girl...

• It is sad that you think all sailors cheat

Recommended myTakes