Should I make him define the relationship or continue to have sex with him?

My ex broke up with me because he felt I hurt him.. it's been a couple of months and we have still been around each other. He txts me everyday lately.. before we wld have sex at least 3xs a mth, but since I asked him about us he tells me he's not ready to be in a relationship with not just me but in general. I've told him if he cnt commit than ima leave but he tells me not to. Since he cnt commit i no longer have sex with him. He still kisses me. Apart of me feels maybe because i really hurt him he would like to take it slow and maybe having sex will make us bond even more (when we were together we wldnt have sex since I promised myself to do It when I was ready) now that we aren't together i gave it to him. Do you'll think what I'm doing is right. Or is stopping going to make us further apart?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Sex is not a tool.

• I use to c it that way too but people make it seem like if they dnt have sex in a relationship it will not grow.. i hate that we have sex and yet he cnt commit.. i hate that he cnt commit and he will text me daily, hug me, kiss me.. like to me hugging is a form of showing u still care.. so it just all throws me off :/

• Sex should not be used to push a relationship into being. Nor withheld to force something in a relationship. Sex is something wonderful for people to share, who love each other. If I guy is not willing to commit to a relationship then you must not act like it is a relationship. Unfortunately when one person is in love with the other but it's not fully reciprocated, then sex only serves to confuse and muddle the situation. Usually at a big cost emotionally. Sometimes the best thing we can do is to walk away and either the one we want will come after us or if not, at least we are open for the next person who comes along who is wanting us seriously. All these things are very difficult at times when we like someone who is playing around or don't know what they want, or don't want to commit. I know.1hour ago someone I was dating, at long last after so much pain in my life, started to open my heart to, just dumped me because they're unsure about commitment. I understand how painful it can be

• Thanks for mho.
      As I had mentioned I was dumped because of fright of commitment on her part. An update: a couple of days later she came back to me and we gave it another whirl. Things were great for a while- then -again she's having problems with a relationship. Dumped me again last night. :(
      I don't get why things are so difficult, I have done all I can. I guess it is what it is.

How have you fared? Hopefully better than I.