My ex boyfriend dumped me? I don't know how to get over this?

Me and my ex were together but it got serious really quickly (he was the one making it so, he asked to meet my parents and told me he loved me), anyway. He was a really good boyfriend, we didn't have any issues or anything. He has been going through a hard time, his dad recently had a stroke so obviously its a difficult time for him but I was trying to be there for him as much as I could. He dumped me yesterday and his reasons were that he couldn't handle a relationship this deep and he has a lot of stress right now. I just said I understood, wished him the best and that was all. I didn't argue with him.
I am so upset though, like I haven't got the energy to do anything. He was literally my best friend, he came round to my house all the time he was invited to family events like he even said he wanted to marry me and we were planning to move in together (something which I have never planned with anybody before). I feel really sad its over, and we haven't spoken which in a way it may be good. Do you think he will come back? Maybe he got scared? I don't know.. I just really want to stop feeling so hurt

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Im sorry for your loss, but for me to calibrate his actions, i need a time line. how long ago did you start dating? define serious..(sex?)... were there any signs before the "dumping"?
    oh and the hurt feeling will only lessen over time or if you want to expedite it, well.. there are options.

0|0
    0|0
    • we started dating a few months ago. Serious wasn't just sex, he was having dinner with my parents and taking my brother to the cinema. I was hanging out with his friends, we were looking at flats together. No, he was just being a bit off with me like a bit quiet, but he said that was because of his dad..

• Show All
    • well no. I just didn't want things to go so quickly

• sadly, regardless of what you really wanted, pop culture (along wit maybe 75% of other women) seem to dictate that that is what women want. the rush to commit. and that is so not true in many cases these days, it still exists tho

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• hurt is just an other phase we must all go trough, that is the part of this mortal life and human existence. It is not possible to avoid or escape it, it just comes slowly and mostly at the end of it all. Try to accept it first, try to figure out to occupy your mind second and like him, focus on yourself at this time, he needs time and you to right now, yes he will come back, don`t you worry...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is just having a hard time in his life and wants maybe some time a lone without the stress of being in a relationship. He most likely will come back so don't be sad, just be there for him when he needs it most.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe someone from your family said something bad to him.. who knows?

0|0
    0|0
    • my family adore him, they don't have a way to contact him unless he's at the house so there's no possibility

• You're going to hate my answer: time and hanging out with other friends.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes