Why am I suddenly thinking about my ex again?

We broke up in March of 2012 after a 22-month relationship. I was devastated and took much longer to get over it than he did. He hates me now and we completely cut ties sometime last year (I don't remember exactly when). I haven't really thought about him much, and once his birthday came and went without me getting all upset (I once randomly broke into hysterics over just seeing the date several weeks prior), I figured I was finally over it. But recently I've been thinking about him again. I don't know why; I have no reason whatsoever. I just can't get him out of my head, and for the first time in awhile, I'm crying about our failed relationship again, missing him and us. I can't figure out why--our anniversary is in late May, his birthday is in July, I don't have him as a phone contact anymore, and since we don't talk at all, I don't get why I feel this way. I have nothing that could directly remind me of him other than some lyrics I wrote that I could look at (but don't). Any theories as to why?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Grief, perhaps unresolved. Everybody has their own way of recovering from a break up, others have experienced the same thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it and let yourself grief over it for a while. It's okay.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Weirdly enough, whenever I start randomly thinking about an ex they end up trying and contact me a few days later, even if we haven't been in years. Maybe it's just the stages of grief over your broken relationship?